With over two decades of experience in Information Governance (IG) experience Peter Shardlow covered the disciplines of data management / governance, privacy, records management, security, compliance and risk. Peter has experience of working across different sectors with very different regulatory and legal requirements including financial services, healthcare, public sector, asset management, legal, professional services and not-for-profit.
Peter has led a number of IG, and digital transformation programmes which include defining strategies to achieve compliance and risk reduction objectives; developing data governance frameworks and operating models; developing and implementing data categorisation taxonomies; reviewing and enhancing SDLC processes to support data governance principles (including privacy by design); data privacy assessments and data mapping; reviewing and updating supporting policies, procedures and processes; assessing and implementing supporting technology; and developing and delivering change (including training) to embed a compliance culture.
Peter leverages his technology, change and IG expertise and experience to support the successful delivery of technology-enabled projects. He leads a broad range of data-related programmes and effectively gains stakeholder and executive approval to drive long term business transformation. He has led multi-national teams on-site and virtually to develop pragmatic solutions which help clients to drive forward their compliance and business objectives.
- Lead consultant in a pilot to develop a process to classify and remediate M365 exchange email data using 3rd party software aligned to the organisations’ Records retention schedule
- Delivered expert advice across several clients on configuring and supporting IG within the Microsoft SharePoint platform; covering SharePoint 2003 to SharePoint online\Microsoft 365
- Provided IG expertise to configure IBM IER for Records Management compliance in alignment with the global Records retention schedule for a global investment bank
- Led a multi-national team to deliver Record Management compliant SharePoint 2007 solution utilising third-party add-ins. Designed and managed end-to-end integration and change plan.
- Led a Records management programme within an FS organisation to develop and implement a data retention categorisation scheme to enable the defensible retention and destruction of Records
- Led the change management workstream within the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to deliver several Information capabilities onto the Defence Information Infrastructure
- “The Dangers of Forgotten Data,” FTITechnology.com, March 2021
- “Stealing From the Cookie Jar? Beware Evolving Data Privacy Rules,” FTITechnology.com, November 2021
T: +44 79 2982 7812
London EC1A 4HD
Data Privacy & Protection
Regulation and Compliance
Risk Management & Internal Controls
Strategic Planning and Implementation