Ralph Geertsema is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting, co-leading the Office of the CFO practice across EMEA. Throughout his career, Ralph has led and overseen numerous global transformations spanning across Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) – both SAP & Oracle – as well as built multiple diverse Global Business Services (“GBS”)/Shared Services Centers (“SSC”) around the globe (both captive and outsourced centers) and any variation of ERP and GBS journeys combined. These programs are global in nature and almost exclusively for Fortune 1000 companies.
Ralph has experience leading high-energy teams, with a passion for delivering programs and driving cost transformation for clients. He has experience driving technology (including predictive analytics and AI operations) and change programs in finance and GBS domain servers. He also has experience advising on numerous engagements related to financial transformation and has hands-on experience in multiple senior finance roles.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ralph was a finance consulting partner and member of a global consulting leadership team at Tata Consulting Services in the Finance, Accounting and Shared Services Transformation (“FASST”) domain. He has also served as Digital Program Director at Leaseplan and an Executive Director at EY in the GBS domain.
During his time at British Telecom (“BT”), Ralph led different large finance units and delivering a multitude of large-scale transformation programs in the Finance, Tax, ERP, Enterprise Performance Management (“EPM”) and SSC domains. Ralph began his career in different finance operational roles.
- Engagement partner for European outsourcing transformation program: responsible for 1000 full time equivalent (“FTE”), saving more than £42 million annually for a £10 billion-plus energy and resource company
- Engagement partner in the finance domain: directed £100 million System Applications and Products (“SAP”) S/4HANA program
- Digital delivery director: business lead for S/4HANA global implementation program approximately £75 million annually, program team of more than 400 FTE
- Program director for global controlling SSC: responsible for transforming a global 450 FTE FP&A controlling and management reporting organization, reducing costs by 36 percent
- SSC director: transformed SSC of 75 FTE, including global consolidation of multiple legacy in-country teams into the SSC and ERP transformation
- Program management for ERP implementation: led 500 FTE consultancy organization onto a new system stack, including HR, billing and finance systems
- Vice president of finance: built and led a pan-European management accounting organization (65 FTE) design, built and ran the day-to-day operation in 14 countries, turnover of more than £2 billion