Ravi Kanabar has almost 10 years’ experience in consulting as an applied economist and econometrician. He specialises in applying sophisticated economic, statistical and financial techniques to assist organisations facing complex commercial, legal and policy issues – particularly in contentious situations.
Mr. Kanabar regularly advises parties, courts and arbiters in commercial litigation and international arbitration, including by assisting in the preparation of independent expert reports for the High Court of England and Wales, various international courts, and arbitral tribunals. Alongside his contentious work, Mr. Kanabar also provides rigorous technical and strategic advice on high-profile matters of business strategy, government policy, and economic regulation.
Mr. Kanabar has worked with both public and private sector clients across a range of industries. These include transport (particularly in rail), utilities (gas, electricity, water and sewerage, telecoms, post), health (healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies), consumer goods, financial services (banks, insurance companies), and charity.
- Assessment of factual causation, economic loss, and compensatory damages in a wide range of disputes – including in relation to alleged breaches of contract, violations of intellectual property, or infringements of competition and securities law
- Data analysis to measure causal effects – using state-of-the-art techniques and concepts from economics, statistics, econometrics, and data science
- Design and analysis of statistical samples and surveys
- Policy analysis – including modelling policy options and evaluating the impact of existing policies
- Economic regulation – efficiency benchmarking, cost of capital, excessive pricing claims
Mr. Kanabar graduated with a B.Sc. in Economics from University College London (with First Class honours), and an M. Phil. in Economics from the University of Cambridge (with Distinction). He is a CFA Charterholder, a member of the CFA Institute and a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society.
T: +44 20 3727 1280
London EC1A 4HD
Econometrics & Statistical Analysis