Rod Rivera is a member of FTI Capital Advisors, FTI Consulting’s investment banking subsidiary. Mr. Rivera brings more than 30 years of experience completing over a hundred transactions in healthcare investment banking, corporate banking and leveraged finance, representing more than $12 billion in deal value.
Throughout his career, Mr. Rivera has raised billions of dollars in debt and equity for public and private companies and has focused his interests on healthcare services and pharmaceuticals. He has profound industry expertise and has been a trusted advisor providing financing and M&A solutions to companies such as Eyecare Partners, Cloudmed, Meduit, Autonomy Healthcare, US Physical Therapy, Mariner Health, Sun Healthcare, Lifehouse Senior Living, Trilogy Health, King Pharmaceuticals, Warner Chilcott, Prometheus Pharma and Amneal Pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Rivera joined FTI Consulting from Capstone Partners’ Healthcare Group, where he was a Managing Director. Before that, he founded and led the healthcare banking effort at RBS Citizens, building a portfolio of over $1.5 billion of middle market and corporate senior loans. Prior to RBS Citizens, Mr. Rivera led the healthcare investment banking effort as a Senior Managing Director at Dresner Partners, a middle market M&A boutique. He also co-headed the investment banking effort for Healthcare Services at Jefferies. During his career, he served as Managing Director in leveraged finance and healthcare investment banking groups at Credit Suisse First Boston and CIBC.
After graduating from the Naval Academy, Mr. Rivera served honorably in the U.S. Navy as a Naval Flight Officer and Mission Commander for the P-3 aircraft.
- Acquisition of Commonwealth Eye Associates by Eyecare Partners
- Acquisition of Retina Institute of Virginia by Eyecare Partners
- Acquisition of MCRC Group by Cloudmed, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital
- Acquisition of Professional Claims Bureau has been by Meduit, a portfolio company of Nexphase Capital
- Recapitalization of Nevada Heart and Vascular by Oaktree and Alvarez and Marsal
- Acquisition of Home Medical Equipment Specialists by Autonomy Healthcare
- Acquisition of Rebound Physical Therapy by US Physical Therapy
FINRA Series 7 & 63
FINRA Series 24
FINRA Series 79
B.S., Chemistry, United States Naval Academy
M.S., Systems Management, University of Southern California
M.B.A., Stanford University
T: +1 212 247 1010
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory