With over 25 years’ experience, Ross has a diverse and deep knowledge of corporate restructuring and insolvency gained across a variety of industries, including property, construction, wholesale trade, manufacturing, engineering, technology, agriculture, food processing, retail, hospitality and professional services.
Formal roles have seen Ross assume control and manage the affairs of numerous entities, preserving assets and operating the businesses on an interim basis, whilst managing and effecting a restructure or trade sale.
In other formal roles, Ross has led a number of forensic investigations and managed complex legal proceedings, resulting in the recovery of considerable funds on behalf of effected stakeholders.
Ross has also acted in various advisory roles, including in assessing, developing and monitoring workout and improvement plans on behalf of key lenders and companies.
Ross has a penchant for assisting businesses by assessing and addressing complex critical issues, arresting decline and facilitating rapid recovery and turnaround through the provision of insightful, strategic and pragmatic solutions.
Be it acting on behalf of financiers, companies, boards, regulators or other stakeholders, Ross’ broad combined experience positions him as a trusted, impactful adviser in performing a number of advisory and formal recovery and restructuring roles.
- Laura Ashley - Administrator of the Australian licensee, managing and rationalising the business before facilitating a trade sale
- CME Group - Liquidator on an application by ASIC, who had raised AU$17m as an unregistered Managed Investment Scheme
- Shi Group - Liquidator of the entities on an application by the ATO following significant tax fraud through phoenix activity
- Abattoir - reviewing, assisting with improved financial management, and monitoring performance with turnover of circa AU$40m
- Pentridge Village - Receiver, involving a “debt trade” and realisation of a large residential infill site with multiple planning issues
- Harmony Group - acting as Receiver of a large vertically integrated Wagyu cattle feedlot, processing and distribution business, with an emphasis on Asian export
- Large volume residential and commercial builder and developer - reviewing and providing process and governance improvement advice
ASIC Registered Liquidator
Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand
Australian Institute of Company Directors Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
B.Bus., Monash University
T: +61 3 9604 0600
Level 21, Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000