Sameep Uchil is an M&A tax specialist with more than 12 years of experience working in multiple locations, including India, New York and the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”), predominantly in the private equity, consumer, food and retail, technology, media and financial services industries.
Mr. Uchil’s experience, largely gained in the Big Four consulting firms, has seen him at the forefront of advising large corporates in their M&A activity, primarily related to acquisition structuring, tax due diligence, deal negotiations on tax aspects and preparation of tax models. Mr. Uchil actively assists clients review the impact of the proposed UAE Corporate Tax and undertakes impact assessments and planning exercises with his clients.
Alongside advising large multinational groups on their cash repatriation options, entry strategy, cross-border restructuring issues, debt funding options and consolidation of their business operations, Mr. Uchil has also led a global legal entity on the rationalization exercises to achieve effective tax rate planning alongside their strategic considerations.
Furthermore, Mr. Uchil was also part of the team that set up an M&A tax desk for a Big Four firm in New York from 2016 to 2019. He has advised corporates in the region and U.S. and European businesses on their inbound acquisitions and tax restructuring matters in the Middle East.
Mr. Uchil is also a regular speaker in various tax leadership conferences and tax workshops for clients in the UAE, India and the United States, covering subjects relating to business in the region, key M&A considerations on deals for specific regions and international tax developments.
- Advised U.S. cloud kitchen service provider's acquisition of a Middle East cloud kitchen group
- Advised an established UAE cloud kitchen's acquisition of a UAE and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-based restaurant group
- Advised Global private equity (“PE”) firm’s acquisition of a visa processing group
- Advised UAE-headquartered global logistics player’s acquisitions in Australia and the United States
- Advised a global PE firm’s acquisition of a large healthcare group in India and the Middle East
- Assisted on a pre-sale restructuring of technology and consumer retail groups
- Assisted on a pre-IPO diligence and structuring of hotels and energy companies
- Led the tax due diligence and structuring for proposed carve outs in the energy and utilities sector
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
B.Com, N. M. College of Commerce and Economics
T: +971 4 512 5978
Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
P.O. Box 71253
United Arab Emirates