About Scott C.
Scott Gibson specializes in restructuring and business transformation advisory, focusing on the airlines and aviation industry. He has over 35 years of senior-level airline strategy, restructuring, revenue improvement consulting and management expertise. Mr. Gibson brings 20 years of experience as an advisor to aviation industry C-suites and was responsible for developing and managing consulting practices in three firms.
Mr. Gibson is known for his ingenuity in addressing business challenges, adapting business to changed environments, and developing as well as implementing workable solutions and strategies with a focus on restructuring, business strategy and planning, and profitability improvement (both cost and revenue, with a focus on network and fleet).
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gibson spent a decade as Managing Director and Head of Management Consulting at SkyWorks Capital LLC, where he was responsible for the management and development of the global consulting and restructuring business.
Before that, Mr. Gibson was Managing Director and Co-head of the Corporate Advisory practice at Seabury Aviation and Aerospace. There, Mr. Gibson originated and executed strategy and restructuring assignments for airline clients, and due diligence and turnaround assignments for private equity clients focused on airlines, airline related businesses and aerospace.
- Notable past clients include: Aercap, AeroMexico, Air China, Air China Cargo, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, American Express, Atlas Air, AWAS, Cathay Pacific, Cerberus Capital, China Southern, Delta Air Lines, El Al, Etihad, Fastjet, Fiji Airways, Finnair, flybe, GOL, LOT Polish Airlines, Mirae Asset Daewoo, oneworld Alliance, Onex, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Silverpoint Capital, Southern Air, South African Airways, Sri Lankan Airlines, the Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Republic Airways bankruptcy and Warburg Pincus
- Past restructuring assignments include: USAirways (2002-2003, led the business transformation team), Air Canada (2003, led the Labor support team), Avianca (2003-2004, overall assignment leader), South African Airways (2007-2008, overall assignment co-leader) and Gulf Air (2009, led the strategy and business transformation teams)
- Performed due diligence work for private equity at Alitalia, Garuda, GOL, Iberia, Qantas and SpiceJet
- Notable strategy, revenue improvement, cost reduction work clients include Air New Zealand, American Express, Atlas Air, El Al, Gulf Air, Northwest Airlines, Qantas Airways, South African Airways and Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Private equity/financial clients include Apollo Management, Deutsche Bank, Lehman Brothers, Newbridge Capital, Onex, TPG, Warburg Pincus and York Capital
B.S., Economics, Transportation & Organizational Design, University of Pennsylvania
T: +1 212.813.9551
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Financial Management Process Improvement