Scott Speckmann is a member of the Human Capital practice. Mr. Speckmann has over 25 years of consulting experience helping companies across various industries design and implement new retirement programs as well as helping clients better understand their benefit plan needs, responsibilities and possible solutions.
Mr. Speckmann has significant compensation and benefits experience helping companies perform M&A transaction service reviews, as well as providing consulting expertise to align the benefit and compensation strategies of an organization with their overall goals and objectives.
Mr. Speckmann has experience across multiple industries, representing both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting’s Human Capital practice, Mr. Speckmann was a Director of the People Strategy group within the Deal Advisory practice at KPMG. Before that, Mr. Speckmann worked at Deloitte Consulting.
- Advised strategic corporate buyers or sellers and private equity investors on HR-related matters including employee workforce, compensation, benefits and HR service delivery
- Led and executed buy-side and sell-side HR due diligence on pension and retiree medical plans, health and welfare plans, compensation and equity plans, employment, change in control, transaction and retention agreements, collective bargaining issues and multi-employer pension plans to understand potential quality of earnings and debt-like adjustments which included:
- Quantifying the impact of retirement plans and retiree medical programs on the financial statements by determining pro forma quality of earning and debt-like adjustments under purchase accounting
- Analyzing and modeling liabilities and/or one-time costs triggered upon a change of control resulting from executive and equity agreements, accelerated stock option vesting, and calculating the intrinsic value of outstanding awards
- Identified key financial risks, as well as strategic opportunities, to mitigate exposure and maximize value
- Summarized and analyzed both the target and buyer compensation and benefit programs to either assist in harmonizing or identifying synergies and the best plan design approach on a go forward basis
Enrolled Actuary (EA)
Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA)
American Academy of Actuaries
B.B.A., Finance, Iowa State University
M.A.S., Actuarial Science, Georgia State University
T: +1 630 251 7137
227 West Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Human Capital Performance
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory