Stephen Commadeur is a corporate agribusiness specialist providing transactional (sell-side, buy-side and capital raising), strategic advisory and restructuring services to clients across the food and agriculture sector.
During Stephen’s 14 year professional career, he gained valuable exposure to a broad range of agribusiness sectors (both at farm-gate and post farm-gate) including dairy, broadacre cropping, horticulture, viticulture, aquaculture and beef/sheep.
Stephen joined FTI Consulting after four years with a leading M&A advisory team at PwC, gaining invaluable corporate agribusiness transactional experience and insight. Prior to this, he worked at restructuring and advisory firm PPB Advisory, where he managed several agribusiness trade-on engagements and completed various independent advisory reviews, mostly working with major financial institutions and investors.
Stephen’s professional career is complemented by his family dairy farming background and practical farming experience across Australia, UK and USA. He also owns a small dairy herd that is subject to commercial lease arrangements.
Stephen’s genuine paddock knowledge, family farming upbringing and broad corporate background has enabled him to develop a unique skillset and an extensive network in the agriculture industry, providing a key point of difference in the marketplace.
- Vertically integrated vegetable producer – ran the sale campaign on behalf of producer.
- Large stock-feed business – originated and led the sale campaign.
- Five large-scale orchardists – led the sale campaign for a part sell down/part capital raise transaction.
- Dairy equity partnerships - originated and led the development of two partnerships on behalf of various clients.
- Australia’s single largest dairy farm - key member of lead advisory team involved in the acquisition on behalf of consortium (comprising ASX listed company, family office and Chinese investment group).
- Dairy assets - led the review of an asset management company associated with ~10 dairy assets on behalf of domestic super fund.
- Dairy and cropping businesses - managed the turnaround and sale of several businesses (both farm-gate and post farm-gate).