Sumakanth Yepuri is a longtime e-discovery and digital forensics expert. Mr. Yepuri brings more than 18 years of expertise advising clients on digital evidence and data challenges that span IP theft, harassment, fraud, litigation, Hart-Scott-Rodino second requests and other matters. He has managed large, global e-discovery engagements, investigations and incident response for large multinational corporations in technology, financial services, entertainment and other industries. Mr. Yepuri also has more than five years of experience supporting clients with addressing complex information governance, privacy and security challenges.
Mr. Yepuri serves clients across the spectrum of digital insights and risk management. He provides clients with support in analysing data and key facts during breach response and conducting privacy assessments to mitigate and reduce future risks relating to data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as well as regulations in India, China, Latin America and North America.
As an investigator and e-discovery expert, Mr. Yepuri has extensive experience automating workflows across collection, processing, hosting and review. He also helps clients address emerging data sources issues in collection and processing, as well as in information governance initiatives.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Yepuri held consulting and leadership roles with Ernst & Young and Deloitte in the United States and India. He served as a digital forensic investigator, e-discovery practitioner, project manager and information governance and privacy advisor. His experience includes establishing and managing digital forensics teams in India and the United States and supporting multijurisdiction matters from numerous countries. He has supported assessments and implementations at large corporations in support of data privacy compliance and also developed a data science team at a Big Four firm to help clients enable information governance functions for new forms of data.
- Developed internal investigations platform, privacy governance frameworks and document extraction platforms while at a Big Four consultancy
- Developed custom privacy frameworks for numerous public sector organisations, supporting data driven governance through data identification and data inventorying, as well as automation for responding to data subject access requests
- Supported incident response and investigatory work for one of the largest data breaches in the United States
- Helped establish the digital forensics practice in India for a Big Four firm
- Oversaw mobile data center and data collections for a large financial institution e-discovery engagement in Mexico
- Led an information governance and privacy project relating to databases in India for a large, global technology company
- Developed and deployed custom proactive compliance monitoring and fraud detection frameworks using technology