Thoba Vokwana is a qualified Chartered Accountant and has over 10 years post-articles experience in providing Corporate Finance services, specifically business valuation related services and has exposure in Private Equity and Impact Investing.
Thoba accumulated his Corporate Finance valuations experience from Deloitte and KPMG and has Private Equity and Impact Investment experience from the National Empowerment Fund, SEFA and Musa Capital.
Thoba's valuation experience includes, inter alia, independent corporate business valuations for transactions, fairness opinions (for the stock exchange in Johannesburg (JSE Limited), audit support valuations for impairment testing (IAS 36), purchase price allocations as required by IFRS 3, valuation opinions to support submissions to the South African Revenue Services and other taxation authorities and economic obsolescence calculations on tangible asset valuations.
- Valuation research analysis of the telecoms industry on behalf of Royal Bafokeng Holdings regarding the restructuring of its investment in Liquid Telecoms SA (then Neotel)
- Valuation of Altech Autopage’s subscriber base on behalf of Vodacom
- Botswana Telecommunications Company (“BTC”) prelisting valuations
- Export Trading Group valuation on behalf of PIC for the purposes of a potential transaction
- Surtees Rail valuation on behalf of PIC for the purposes of a potential transaction
- Unlisted equity valuations on behalf of the PIC’s iSibaya Fund
- Portfolio valuation for Phembani Group
- Portfolio valuation for Kagiso Capital for IFRS and commercial purposes
- Economic obsolescence for the tangible asset fair valuation of the Transnet Ports Terminals moveable assets for IFRS purposes
- Fairness opinion relating to the First Rand Group’s unbundling
- Valuation of McDonald’s franchise holder in South Africa