Travis Barnett is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring team, located in Perth. Travis is a Chartered Accountant with a mix of operational leadership, business advisory and continuous improvement. He has more than 17 years of experience across a range of industries and organisations, including mining and agriculture. During his time company side, Travis led significant improvement and operational readiness projects.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Travis held the role of Head of Improvement at a large agriculture co-operative where he managed the development and implementation of an improvement framework, as well as supporting the delivery of key projects across the organisation.
Travis’ preceding experience includes nine years at a large global mining organisation where he specialised in commercial and strategic advice, capital project evaluation and business case development ranging from small-scale to multibillion dollar mine developments. Here he also led support and operational teams.
Travis’ key demonstrated capabilities include corporate and operational leadership, financial modelling, commercial analysis and project evaluation, business improvement and operational readiness.
- Mining - commercial analysis, business case development and funding submission support across study phases for a range of projects
- Continuous improvement - led the establishment of an internal continuous improvement team as the organisation transitioned from an externally run transformation project
- Operational readiness – led the onsite operational readiness team on an over AU$400 million brownfields mine expansion
- ESG - led the development of organisational emissions targets as part of broader ESG reporting for a large organisational co-operative
- Operational – onsite leadership of multidisciplined teams across support functions, capital projects, operations and maintenance teams
- Mining - led the project management office for a working capital optimisation project