Vik Iyer has close to 15 years of telecom, media and technology (“TMT”) consulting and industry experience, and specializes in large-scale transformations, performance improvement, and merger integrations and carveouts in ad tech, software, hardware and telecommunications.
Mr. Iyer helps clients deliver measurable P&L improvement through operational transformation. He has served as an advisor on transactions including buy-side due diligence and post-merger integrations. He specializes in large-scale transformation programs and has functional expertise in driving organizational efficiency across various G&A functions.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Iyer spent several years with the TMT practices at AlixPartners and Kearney. His experience also includes leading the Canada-wide operations of a global ed-tech startup backed by Tiger Global.
Mr. Iyer co-authored a whitepaper for the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2017 on the impact of AI on the future of production systems.
- Advised leading private equity firm on carve-out and feasibility assessment for $3 billion global communications solutions provider
- Advised leading private equity firm and operationalized G&A transformation and real estate optimization program for $6 billion global tech client, with ~$140 million savings
- Led multiple pillars of cost transformation program for $30 billion global telco shifting towards ‘lean corporate’ operating model; drove outside-in assessment to identify ~$100 million savings potential in G&A functions
- Identified and validated ~$50 million in workforce optimization and non-workforce cost take-out opportunities for $7 billion digital media company
- Directed services function in org-wide cost-out program for $2 billion global database solutions provider; validated ~$50 million savings potential driven by process standardization, offshoring and vendor spend optimization
- Drove various operational due diligences for enterprise software and other technology targets for PE firms