Zuhaib Khan has 15 years of professional experience. Zuhaib started his career with KPMG in the UK and has spent the last decade in the UAE. Zuhaib’s main focus is transaction services (buy side and sell side), financial restructuring and IPO advisory across a wide breadth of sectors.
Zuhaib has led several large cross border M&A transactions from a buy side and sell side perspective. He has advised senior investment teams across multiple transaction issues including early stage red flags issues, pricing adjustments, completion mechanics and SPA considerations. His client base has included local, regional and international corporates, private equity and sovereign wealth funds. During his 15 year career he has worked across a wide breadth of sectors and has built key sector expertise in education, e-commerce, technology, hospitality, healthcare, shipping and oil & gas. He has also run multiple transaction services and deal advisory training courses.
Zuhaib has been a senior team member in various financial restructuring situations for both lenders and borrowers. These have resulted in a variety of outcomes and have often included independent business reviews of distressed businesses and assets. Zuhaib was part of KPMG’s Dubai World restructuring team from 2011 to 2020, and attended several meetings of the Board of Dubai World as a Lenders’ Representative.
Zuhaib has provided advisory and reporting accountant services to various UAE clients in relation to successful as well as aborted local UAE listings (Nasdaq Dubai, DFM, ADX) and premium listings on the LSE. He has also provided pre IPO readiness services to various entities across sectors, and has had speaking slots at several listing events in the region.
- ADQ: Led several due diligences including Abu Dhabi Airport, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center, Emirates Driving Company, National Marine Dredging Company.
- GEMS Education: Buy side advisor to Blackstone, Fajr Capital and Mumtalakat.
- Souq.com: Multiple buy side financial due diligences for local and international corporates and sovereigns.
- Emirates Palace and CityCenter Las Vegas: Financial due diligences for UAE based sovereigns.
- UAE Healthcare groups: Financial due diligences of private hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, laboratories.
- Drydocks World: Financial Advisor to Dubai World for sale of the ship building and repair business to DP World.
- Oman Trading International: Buy side financial due diligence on various regional oil storage facilities.
- Meydan: Various business plan reviews since 2015 for the Meydan Group and Meydan One Mall.
- Dubai World: Financial advisor to the Creditor Monitoring Panel on the US$ 25bn restructuring of Dubai’s GRE owning assets across ports, ship building, real estate, hospitality, gaming and private equity.
- IPOs: Orascom Construction (Nasdaq Dubai), Emirates NBD REIT (Nasdaq Dubai), various pre IPO readiness assessments and aborted listings for DFM, ADX, LSE.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
B.Sc., Accounting & Finance, Warwick Business School
T: +971 50 914 8086
Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
P.O. Box 71253
United Arab Emirates