Control Costs and Reduce Risks Brochure
Software License Compliance & Optimisation
Software is intangible, making it difficult to track, quantify and manage. Companies and end-users spend millions of dollars in procuring and managing software from a variety of publishers. An average mid-to-large-sized company spends $10,000 per year per user on software licenses without factoring additional risks, including:
A breach of licensing agreements can trigger painful, monthslong audits that can consume the time and resources of senior executives. These audits may result in large financial penalties, directly impacting the bottom line and taking away from other activities, such as innovation and IT upgrades.
Lacking an understanding of software’s usage can result in unfavourable license agreements, purchasing unnecessary seats and an increased cost of ownership.
FTI Consulting’s Software Asset Management (SAM) solution has helped clients remain compliant, eliminate waste, negotiate favourable license agreements and significantly bring down the overall cost of ownership of software.
Our team has over 15 years of experience in license compliance and has executed more than 5000 engagements. With deep knowledge of over 27 software publishers, including SAP and Oracle, our team can help with a multitude of situations:
- Managing and monitoring software license compliance operations as part of a continuous engagement or managed SAM service;
- Helping manage the annual renewal process of large license agreements;
- Advising on most cost-effective licensing models and agreements, based upon usage;
- Interfacing with auditors during a publisher-driven license audit;
- Assisting in the licensing negotiation process;
- Helping prevent non-compliance due to use on unauthorised software code, cracks or keygens by rogue employees;
- Helping to manage the licensing impacts of complex technology integrations and migrations, such as data centre upgrades, cloud migrations, third-party interfaces, cross-border use and mergers and acquisitions.