China Services Desk Service Sheet
As the two largest economies in the world, opportunities for cross-border business and investment are compelling for Chinese and U.S. businesses. The FTI Consulting China Services Desk was established to help Chinese entities engage in business globally and for international companies to conduct business in China.
Our China Services Desk advises clients on a broad range of business challenges including IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual and real property, international dispute resolution, government enforcement and investigations. Located in key global business centers, our team of more than 500 professionals, comprised of former regulators, enforcement officials, business executives, auditors and data specialists, work together to help you succeed in the marketplace. Team members are multi-lingual and multi-cultural professionals, many fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
FTI Consulting professionals understand China’s complex, ever-changing business environment and the culture that drives it. We have been actively involved in the Chinese market for decades, assisting Chinese businesses headquartered in Beijing, Shanghai, or Hong Kong to enter the U.S. public markets. Whether preparing for an IPO, a merger or acquisition, or seeking other channels of funding in the United States, FTI Consulting contributes considerable value to the process.
Many of our clients are middle-market Chinese companies, seeking business advice that the Big Four auditing/ accounting firms cannot provide. Auditing firms’ freedom to offer business advice is limited by their obligation to maintain independence. As a business advisory firm, FTI Consulting is unhindered by these limitations.
With more than 4,700 employees and offices in 27 countries, FTI Consulting serves clients globally leveraging our diverse expertise and exceptional credentials. We are a trusted advisor, helping organizations to anticipate and respond to events, both at critical moments and for the long haul.
Our IPO Services
One of our key capabilities is helping Chinese businesses maximize their value as they prepare to go public in the United States. An IPO requires well-planned and strategic communications before, during and after the event. FTI Consulting has helped companies of all sizes successfully navigate their entry into the equity markets — from the preparation of the registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) to the development of the IPO road show and outreach plans for investors, employees and regulators.
Entering the U.S. capital markets is easier than staying listed. A U.S. listing involves significant corporate governance and regulatory compliance obligations. While other firms can help you go public, FTI Consulting understands that the real challenge comes after the IPO. We support you throughout the IPO process, from raising capital and building corporate structure to post-IPO operations and compliance.
- Capital Raising Strategy – To maximize overall enterprise valuation, pre-IPO workshop and analysis evaluate the merits of going public versus alternative capital-raising strategies
- Corporate Structure – To protect shareholders’ interests, establish a high-performance leadership team to build robust corporate governance and attracting seasoned, independent board members
- Valuation Expertise – Develop fair market values using leading FTI Consulting in-house expertise in valuation and actuarial science
- Compliance Due Diligence – To help avoid potential regulatory liability, ensure that third parties and prospective joint venture partners have proper anti-corruption controls and screening mechanisms in place
- External Advisor Management – To fully support your IPO, assemble a first-class team of advisors, including law firms, investment bankers, auditors, investor relations professionals, management consultants and other business advisors
- Investment Banking – FTI Capital Advisors, our wholly-owned subsidiary, is a special situations and middle-investment bank that can assist with M&A buy-side and sell-side, private placements, valuations and opinions
- Strategic Communications – Create powerful, customized messaging that best presents your success story to analysts, media and potential investors for roadshows, meetings, press releases and web sites
FTI Consulting supports a range of business-critical functions to ensure your newly listed company meets or exceeds ongoing stockholders’ expectations.
- Strategic Communications – Our team can assist with ongoing corporate and media communications, executive and board media training, shareholder engagement and investor relations management
- Data Analytics – Our team of data scientists can help drive shareholder value by analyzing financial and operational data and suggesting business improvements
- Control Environment – Our industry experts can help with operational and regulatory compliance issues, such as setting up internal controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”) compliance and responding to SEC inquires
- Technical Accounting – Our accounting experts can assist with drafting technical memos and financial statements and establishing policies and procedures
- Regulatory Compliance – Our team can provide regulatory and financial reporting assistance, and company representation for any enforcement inquires or actions
FTI Consulting experience, knowledge and proven approaches assist clients achieve a faster, more effective IPO process while continuing the momentum of your current business.
April 22, 2019
Forensic & Litigation Consulting