Customs, Excise & Global Trade - South Africa Service Sheet
January 01, 2020
Customs, Excise & Global Trade - South Africa Service SheetDownload Service Sheet
The FTI Global Trade & Excise (GTE) team has extensive experience in providing advice and tailored solutions for companies involved activities governed by customs and excise legislation within various African jurisdictions.
Our GTE team has a proven track record of developing customer focused solutions that demystifies complex areas of Customs and Excise related legislation through practical and business orientated advice whilst ensuring legislative compliance.
Our GTE offering as part of the Business Transformation Services team, comprise of admitted attorneys, chartered accountants and information technology specialists that provide integrated solutions to assist clients with customs and excise technical advice, accounting entries and ERP optimisation.
Our market leading approach allows us to provide services such as:
- Excise accounting outsourced solutions for clients in the petroleum, alcoholic beverages and Health Promotion Levy industries;
- Outsourced customs refund services;
- Enterprise Resource Planning optimisation to ensure customs and excise triggers are properly documented, defined and compliant to legislation from source to general ledger level;
- Development of industry specific key controls to simplify the external auditprocess;
- Trade visibility and import data analyses services;
- Excise data analyses services;
- Landed cost modelling though the FTI Africa Trade Portal;
- In country customs information, rates, levies, fees associated with trade in goods;
- Preparation for Revenue Authority Modernisation initiatives such as preferred Trader Programmes;
- Trade and excise advocacy services, strategy and submissions to fiscal entities;
- Customs and excise training, development of KPIs and third-party service provider reviews; and
- Customs and Excise due diligence services.