Brent K. Bersin
- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 713 353 5426
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- Suite 3500
- 1301 McKinney Street
- Houston, TX, 77010
- United States
- T: +1 800 349 9990
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- B.B.A., Accounting, University of Houston
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Licensing Professional
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- ABA, Co-Chair of Expert Witness Subcommittee of Commercial and Business Litigation Committee
- ABA, Member of Trade Secrets and Interference with Contracts Committee
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Section
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Expert Testimony
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Damages Analysis
- Energy, Power & Products
- Financial Institutions
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Brent Bersin is a Senior Managing Director in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment of FTI Consulting. His segment is focused on providing financial and economic consulting, damages quantification, valuation, and expert witness services to clients in the context of intellectual property and commercial disputes. Based in Houston, Brent has over 20 years of intellectual property experience, which includes market assessments, valuation, licensing, and the calculation of reasonable royalty, lost profits, unjust enrichment and price erosion damages in matters involving unauthorized use of patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and trade secrets.
He has also assisted attorneys, investors, management and other stakeholders in assessing the value of early stage technologies, later-stage technologies, patents, and intellectual property portfolios for various purposes including taxable transfers, sales transactions, licensing, intercompany transfers and collateral for financing transactions.
Brent also possesses substantial experience providing economic analysis and expert testimony in complex commercial disputes, which have included issues of lost profits, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, tortious interference, fraud, alter ego, post-acquisition and purchase price disputes, “ability to pay” disputes, business interruption and valuation.
Brent has been designated and testified as an expert witness in Federal Court, State Court, Bankruptcy Court, and arbitration matters. He has also presented and been published frequently on the topics of economic damages, and valuation, financial and forensic accounting issues.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Brent was a Managing Director at Duff & Phelps, LLC in the Disputes & Investigation practice.
Brent earned his B.B.A. in accounting from the Bauer School of Business at the University of Houston.