- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: + 27 21 487 9019
- F: +27 21 426 0582
- 8th Floor
- 125 Buitengracht Street
- Cape Town, 8001
- South Africa
- T: +27 21 487 9000
- F: +27 21 426 0582
- BCom degree, University of the Western Cape
- BAcc degree, University of the Western Cape
- Chartered Accountant
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- South African Institute of Certified Forensic Practitioners
- Finance Transformation
- Financial Investigations
- Strategic Communications
- Strategy Consulting & Research
- Financial Institutions
- Public Sector & Government Contracts
Calvin Isaacs is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice and is based in Cape Town. Calvin is a Chartered Accountant and has over 18 years’ experience in the forensic industry where he is considered to be an expert in forensic investigations.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Calvin headed up the Western Cape and Eastern Cape Forensic practices of KPMG South Africa for 6 years and thereafter at MMI Health he was the Acting-head of their Forensic division from 2013 to 2014.
His experience includes projects conducted across a wide range of listed and unlisted companies in the oil & gas, banking, retail, insurance, government and healthcare sectors. These projects include litigation support services provided to companies and legal counsel for disciplinary, civil and criminal matters, including the provision of testimony as an expert. Calvin has also assisted with the quantification of various damages claims across the insurance and banking industry.
Calvin has provided these services across a number of countries in Africa, including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola and Nigeria. Listed below are other highlights and areas in which he was directly involved as a leader in providing the service and/or development of such a service:
- Conducting forensic compliance and practice reviews across various locations in South Africa.
- Establishing a dedicated in-house forensic practice for Old Mutual South Africa and Old Mutual International, including Africa, Europe and the US.
- Developing investigation guides and methodologies for the delivery of forensic services and the recruitment of various forensic specialists.
- Consulting to the Investment Banking Division of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter (Europe) on their corporate finance and investment banking activity across the European markets. These included equity, debt and merger and acquisition transactions.