- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +62 21 3950 3502
- M: +62 81 1844 5345
- Level 11, One Pacific Place
- Jl. Jend. Sudirman kav. 52
- Jakarta, 12190
- T: +62 21 3950 3500
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Sydney
- M.B.A., INSEAD
- Corporate Finance
Charles Evans is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Jakarta and Singapore. He has over 12 years of experience in distressed investing, restructuring and investment banking in Asia and Australia, and has worked across a number of industries including commodities, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, food and beverage, infrastructure and TMT.
Some of his recent experience includes:
- Financial advisor to the senior secured lenders to a listed palm plantation operator in Indonesia on the restructuring of debts totalling US $700 million.
- Independent Financial advisor for the restructuring of an Indonesian shipping company with US $100 million in debts.
- Debt restructuring of Indonesian oil & gas drilling company with total debts of US $420 million.
- Advisor to Indonesian consumer electronics retail company in the restructuring of debts totalling US $500 million.
- Advised creditors group in restructuring of debt totalling US $120 million owing by an Indonesian tea producer through PKPU process. Subsequently, he acted as the CRO to assist in stabilising the business prior to new management coming in.
- Sale advisory to a regional bank in disposing; its NPL portfolio in Indonesia including valuation and prospecting buyers.
- Advising an Indonesian listed telecom company with its US $1 billion debt restructuring which involves reviewing business strategy, formulating proposals and negotiating with creditors.
- Development of investment thesis and execution of investments in distressed assets in Australia and New Zealand.
- Management of a distressed investment in a metals business in South Africa.
- Various event driven investments primarily across Asia Pacific.
- AU $2 billion debt restructuring of an Australian conglomerate that consisted of businesses in the commodities, forestry, automotive and banking and finance sectors.
- Restructure of a U.S. headquartered global drilling firm involving complex multi-lender negotiations.
- Structured the acquisition of a packaging firm with operations in Europe, Asia and Australia by an Australian headquartered global industry leader.
- Structured the AU $20 billion acquisition of an Australian retail conglomerate with businesses in the supermarkets, liquor, clothing and office products retail segments.
- Structured the acquisition of a diversified Australian media business by a global private equity firm.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Evans was a Research Consultant with a Singapore based distressed and event driven fund, where he was managing investments primarily across the Asia Pacific region. Prior to that, Mr. Evans advised on a venture capital raising and was with BNP Paribas in Sydney focusing on the management of non-performing loans and acquisition & leveraged finance. Mr. Evans holds a M.B.A. from INSEAD and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Sydney and is conversant in Bahasa Indonesia.