- Senior Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +65 6831 7837
Charles Evans is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore. He has nine years of experience in distressed investing, restructuring and investment banking in Asia and Australia, and has worked across a number of industries including commodities, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, food and beverage, infrastructure and TMT.
Some of his recent experience includes:
- The debt restructuring of an Indonesian oil & gas drilling company with total bank debts of US $320 million.
- Advisor to an Indonesian consumer electronics retail company in the restructuring of debts totaling US $500 million.
- Advised a group of creditors in the restructuring of debt totalling US $120 million which were owed by an Indonesian tea producer through the PKPU process.
- Providing transaction advisory to a regional bank in disposing its non-performing loan portfolio in Indonesia, including valuation and searching for buyers.
- Advising an Indonesian listed telecom company with its US $1 billion debt restructuring which involved reviewing business strategy, formulating proposals and negotiating with creditors.
- Development of an investment thesis and execution of investments in distressed infrastructure and private equity owned assets in Australia and New Zealand.
- Management of a distressed investment in a metals business in South Africa.
- Various event driven investments primarily across Asia Pacific.
- Advisor on the AU $2 billion debt restructuring of an Australian conglomerate that consisted of businesses in the commodities, forestry, automotive and banking and finance sectors.
- Restructure of a U.S. headquartered global drilling firm involving complex multi-lender negotiations.
- Structured the acquisition of a packaging firm with operations in Europe, Asia and Australia by an Australian headquartered global industry leader.
- Structured the AU $20 billion acquisition of an Australian retail conglomerate with businesses in the supermarkets, liquor, clothing and office products retail segments.
- Structured the acquisition of a diversified Australian media business by a global private equity firm.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Evans was a Research Consultant with a Singapore based distressed and event driven fund, where he was managing investments primarily across the Asia Pacific region. Prior to that, Mr. Evans advised on a venture capital raising and was with BNP Paribas in Sydney focusing on the management of non-performing loans and acquisition & leveraged finance.
Mr. Evans holds a MBA from INSEAD and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Sydney, and he is conversant in Bahasa Indonesia.