Christopher P. Gerardi
- Senior Managing Director, Co-Leader of Dispute Advisory Services
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 202 715 1547
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- 555 12th Street, NW
- Suite 700
- Washington, DC, 20004
- United States
- T: +1 202 312 9100
- F: +1 202 312 9101
- B.A., Economics, Southeastern Massachusetts University
- M.S., Banking, Finance and Money Management, School of Business, Adelphi University
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Intellectual Property
- Economic Consulting
- Expert Testimony
- Aerospace & Defense
- Financial Institutions
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Christopher Gerardi is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting based in New York and Washington, DC. He is the co-leader of FTI Consulting’s Dispute Advisory Services practice and has more than 25 years of experience providing economic, financial, and accounting advisory services to companies, legal counsel, regulatory authorities and tribunals involved in transactions, investigations and disputes.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Chris was a Partner with KPMG. In addition to his experience, Chris brings to his clients the depth and breadth of FTI Consulting’s global resources to address critical issues in controversy, evaluate and mitigate risk, and improve performance.
An internationally recognized advisor and economic damages expert, Chris specializes in matters relating to intellectual property (patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, trademark and copyright infringement), ITC investigations (domestic industry and public interest factors), commercial litigation (breach of contract, business interruption, tortious interference, merger termination, failed systems implementation, and price discrimination), and commercial and investment treaty arbitration.
Chris has a deep understanding of damages case law and is skilled at constructing and evaluating damages claims in light of the current guidance of various courts. He has provided substantive advisory services, including global market, competitive, dispute, and regulatory analyses to clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- aerospace and aviation (military and civilian);
- banking, securities, financial markets and insurance;
- chemicals and petrochemicals;
- computer hardware, networking, and cloud computing;
- energy (oil & gas);
- industrial and building products;
- life sciences (pharmaceuticals, assays, medical devices and biotechnology);
- semiconductors and optoelectronics;
- software and information engineering;
- telecommunications; and,
- transportation & automotive.
In addition to economic damages issues, Chris has worked with legal counsel, management and licensing professionals in the development and execution of royalty audit and licensing compliance programs, technology valuation, and licensing strategy.
Chris is a member of the Sedona Conference’s Trade Secrets Working Group and serves on the drafting committee for monetary relief in trade secrets litigation.
Chris has provided oral and written expert evidence in matters before multiple U.S. federal and state courts, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and multiple international arbitration forums. He is a regular speaker on the topic of patent, trade secret, and commercial economic damages at several professional organizations.