- Senior Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 3 9604 0609
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 21, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Master of Agribusiness, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Finance, Deakin University
- Chartered Accountant, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Agribusiness Association of Australia
- Young Agribusiness Professionals
- Corporate Finance
Daniel O’Donoghue is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting, and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Daniel joined the Agribusiness team in 2015 to further enhance FTI Consulting’s national capabilities. He has experience in restructuring, advisory, M&A, transactions and project management across a range of sectors, deal size and geographies.
Daniel has a deep understanding of agriculture and agribusiness and has experience across a number of agricultural sectors including horticulture, dairy, forestry, viticulture and wineries and beef.
To compliment his industry knowledge, Daniel has strong technical accounting and finance skills developed over five years at a market leading boutique professional services firm. In addition to his professional skills and experience, Daniel sits on the board of two not-for profit organisations called Step Back Think and the North Old Boys Football Club.
Daniel is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Masters of Agribusiness from Melbourne University.
Notable recent agribusiness engagements include:
- The restructure and transaction of a large forestry portfolio (100 properties) in Tasmania. Project included; re-negotiating existing leases; managing operational risks; preparing vendor due diligence reports; and achieving a sale price above valuation.
- Agribusiness advisory project on a horticulture operation producing products for Coles and Woolworths. Reviewed operations and finance of the business and provided solutions to improve working capital and profitability.
- Operational review of a Pistachio farm in Western Victoria, including the project management of a number of independent experts.
- Turnaround and transaction of a large vertically integrated horticulture producer in South Australia with debts of over AU$50million. Managed the turnaround of the agricultural operations over a six-month period, including improving profitability and reducing operational and financial risks in the business. Sold to a large private agribusiness investor following the restructure.
- Transaction and sale advisory on a winery in Western Victoria. The project included; preparation of vendor due diligence reports; drafting the Information Memorandum; preparing the data room; and managing the sale negotiations on behalf of the client.
- Restructure and sale of a large national horticulture operation (formerly MIS scheme) with eight properties across four states.