- Managing Director
- T: +86 21 2315 1055
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- Unit 2101-04, Central Plaza
- 227 Huangpi (N) Road
- Shanghai, 200003
- T: +86 21 2315 1000
- F: +86 21 6352 3616
- M.Sc., Information Security, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Certified Computer Examiner, International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (ISFCE)
- SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association
- International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (ISFCE)
- Computer Forensics & Investigations
- E-discovery Software & Services
- Forensic Technology
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- Data Privacy & Protection
Han Lai is a Managing Director in the Technology practice at FTI Consulting. He leads the Technology practice in Greater China and is based in Shanghai. Han has 20 years of international consulting experience specialising in digital forensic investigation and cyber security breach advisory.
Han has extensive practical experience in performing technology fraud investigations, investigation related to intellectual property infringement and theft, commercial disputes, international arbitration, regulatory non-compliance, criminal offense investigation, electronic discovery and litigation support, network intrusion investigation, cyber security assessment and cyber breach incident response.
Han has worked extensively with international corporations, external legal counsels, and law enforcement agencies across the UK, US and Asia Pacific. Han has industry experience across a wide range of sectors, including aerospace, automotive, banking, energy, financial services, insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical, legal, manufacturing, technology and transport & logistics.
- Led the China portion of a year-long complex investigation for a global pharmaceutical client related to potential Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations involved marketing/promotional activities with client’s China operations.
- Appointed by the US District Court as the Forensic Neutral Expert for a high-profile China/US trade secret litigation in relation to potential evidence spoliation dispute, performed forensic analysis, produced expert reports and attended the deposition in the US.
- Led an intellectual properties data leakage investigation for a UK industry design client, set up international covert operations, obtained and executed civil search warrant (Anton Pillar Order) with the independent legal counsel, successfully reached a settlement prior to the court hearing.
- Acted as a forensic expert witness in the UK Court for a payment fraud case related to electronic document fabrication resulting the court conviction of the fraudsters.
- Led a cyber security assessment for an international automotive auction house, performed network penetration testing on various in-house developed web application servers, database and hosted VMware virtual machines.
- Handled a malware/phishing attack on a financial institute's network, eliminated potential financial impact and public relationship crisis.
Han is a regular speaker on various international conferences on topics related to digital forensic investigations, cyber security and China Cybersecurity Laws. He has also provided training sessions to law firms and law enforcement agencies in the UK and Asia Pacific.
Han is a certified member of the ISFCE and a committee member of the HTCIA. He has testified in the UK and US Court as a Computer Forensics Expert Witness and provided expert statements/reports to Courts and law enforcement agencies. Han has also been cleared for UK Government Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) background checks for matters involving child protection and crimes against children.
Han speaks native English and Mandarin Chinese.