- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 2 8247 8021
- M: +61 402 271 561
- Bachelor in Industrial Engineering, Berlin University of Technology
- Master in Industrial Engineering, Berlin University of Technology
- M.B.A., University of Newcastle
Jonas Schofer is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting's Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice providing and implementing performance improvement solutions. Jonas has over 16 years of experience advising clients around process optimisation, working capital management and operational restructuring. His delivery experience spans Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa, where he works with CEOs, CFOs and Executives on improving cash flow, working capital optimisation and strategically reducing costs.
Jonas is focused on improving his clients’ ability to make efficient decisions considering cash, cost and service implications in complex environments, leading to significant short-term cash release and cost reduction.
Jonas’ industry experience includes food & beverage, retail, automotive, aviation & defence, electronics and capital goods, fast-moving consumer goods and steel & metals. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Jonas worked for PwC in Sydney and for REL/The Hackett Group in Frankfurt and Johannesburg. He commenced his career in Germany where he worked with Imperial Logistics as a forwarding agent.
- Execution of a diagnostic and mobilisation phase to trigger benefits from payables, receivables and inventory for an Australian telecommunications company, identifying cash opportunities exceeding AU $400m
- Total working capital analysis for an Australian subsidiary of a global premium beverages company, identifying more than AU $119m cash opportunity
- Led a working capital opportunities assessment and implementation program, focussed on payables improvements for a major global brewery giant. The project included the identification of short, medium and long term improvement measures and included support for the implementation of the identified measures across different locations
- Led an opportunities analysis and implementation of an inventory performance improvement program for a leading electronics manufacturer for defence
- Executed an inventory & supply chain optimisation project for a major aircraft manufacturer
- Scoped more than 40% working capital optimisation opportunity for an Australian logistics provider
- Inventory optimisation for a tier 1 supplier of automotive vibration control technology and dampers
- Inventory diagnostic to identify potential benefits and gaps to best practices in two manufacturing facilities in Germany and the US for a global diesel engine manufacturer
- Managed a receivables optimisation and greenfield process implementation project for a global dairy procurer
- Executed an inventory optimisation programme for multiple food ingredients subsidiaries of a global food cooperative