- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +61 7 3225 4920
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Level 20, CP1
- 345 Queen Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- B.Bus., Queensland University of Technology
- Registered Liquidator
- ASIC Registered Official Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant, Australia
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Asset Tracing & Recovery
- Bankruptcy Process & Contingency Planning
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Transaction Advisory
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Real Estate
- Retail & Consumer Products
Kelly Trenfield is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Brisbane, Australia. Kelly has more than 26 years of experience, 22 of which are in corporate finance.
Kelly has extensive experience in all facets of corporate and personal insolvency, including formal and informal administrations, independent business and fraud reviews, turnaround and business consulting. In addition, Kelly spent three years working in London and Dublin for Merrill Lynch, ANZ Investment Bank and The Exchequer of the Republic of Ireland. She has led successful engagements across a wide range of industries, most recently within the mining and mining services, property and construction industries.
Kelly takes a commercial approach to dealing with distressed assets and business to maximise results for all stakeholders. She provides commercial and realistic advice to clients when dealing with difficult and complex situations. As a result of her leadership and expertise in operational and trading aspects, she has taken the helm of some of the highest profile and largest corporate collapses in Australia.
Kelly balances the commercial aspects of formal engagements with the need to conduct a thorough investigation to ensure the best outcome for creditors is achieved. She believes the interests of stakeholders are best served through detailed and determined review and working in combination with FTI Consulting’s forensic and technology professionals to identify potential recovery actions and information that should be brought to the attention of regulators.
- Joint Administrator and Liquidator of Queensland Nickel. A large and complex engagement involving a high profile Nickel refinery in North Queensland. Kelly’s focus in this engagement was the ongoing trading operations of the refinery including treasury and employees relations including the management of the Fair Entitlements Guarantee verification/payment for a workforce of in excess of 780 employments, investigations and subsequent legal proceedings.
- Joint Administrator, Deed Administrator and Liquidator of Robins Kitchens a well known chain of homewares stores. Kelly led the ongoing trading of the business prior to it’s eventual sale.
- Conducted the liquidation of managed investment scheme with initial funds under management in excess of AU$1bn.
- Receiver of The Raptis Group’s Southport Central development focusing on the sale of development stock and the ongoing operations of a significant management rights business.