- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +1 973 852 8148
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- B.S., Monmouth University
- M.S.T., Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New Jersey
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), New York
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Legislative Member
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Young Men's/Women's Real Estate Association
- Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services
- Due Diligence
- Real Estate
Laura Jackson is a Senior Managing Director in the Real Estate Solutions practice and leads the firm’s Business Tax Advisory group. She has over 17 years of experience in the real estate investment trust (REIT) and partnership areas of real estate taxation, providing expertise in due diligence, structuring, REIT compliance, tax compliance, §754 adjustments, partnership taxation and qualified opportunity funds.
Ms. Jackson developed FTI Consulting’s REIT due diligence group, which now serves numerous public and private REITs. She also has extensive experience with deal structuring, creating §704(c) models and handling complicated domestic and international tax compliance for numerous large public and private real estate clients.
Ms. Jackson currently serves as Vice President on the board of Rebuilding Together NYC, a non-profit organization for safe and healthy housing throughout New York City. She also founded the She Builds initiative, which empowers prominent women in real estate to give back to the communities they serve. In 2018, Ms. Jackson won the New Jersey State Governor’s Award and the Connect Media Women in Real Estate Award.
Ms. Jackson holds a B.S. in business administration with a concentration in accounting from Monmouth University, where she graduated summa cum laude and first in her class, and an M.S. in taxation from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Ms. Jackson is a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Commercial Real Estate Women of New York, National Association of Industrial/Office Properties, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association and New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants.