- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +1 973 852 8148
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- 56 Livingston Avenue
- Suite 400
- Roseland, NJ, 07068
- United States
- T: +1 973 852 8100
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- B.S., Monmouth University
- M.S.T., Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), New Jersey
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), New York
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Legislative Member
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (Nareit)
- New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Young Men's/Women's Real Estate Association
- Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services
- Due Diligence
- Real Estate
Laura Jackson specializes in the real estate investment trust (“REIT”) and partnership areas of real estate taxation. Ms. Jackson continuously provides top-tier service in due diligence, deal structuring, REIT compliance, domestic and international tax compliance, §754 adjustments, creating §704(c) models, tax provisions, like kind exchanges and qualified opportunity funds. She has close to 20 years of experience.
Examples of recent client work include REIT due diligence on a large portfolio of 70+ office assets, tax compliance for two large public REITs, and structuring acquisitions of a qualified opportunity zone property. In addition, Ms. Jackson has recently published articles on the impact of tax reform on the real estate industry.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Jackson worked in taxation at Arthur Andersen and Deloitte with a primary client focus on the lodging/gaming, banking and retail industries.
Ms. Jackson currently serves as Vice President on the board of Rebuilding Together NYC, a non-profit organization for safe and healthy housing throughout New York City. She also founded the She Builds initiative, which empowers prominent women in real estate to give back to the communities they serve. Within FTI Consulting, Ms. Jackson is heavily involved in the Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging initiative, as well as FTI WIN, FTI Consulting’s women’s initiative.
Ms. Jackson was honored by the Leading Women Entrepreneurs 2020 Force for Change Awards in 2020, listed in Real Estate Weekly Rising Stars in 2019, Connect Media’s Women in Real Estate 2018, and recognized at New Jersey State Governor’s Jefferson Awards in 2018.