- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +1 973 852 8241
- F: +1 973-364-8464
- 101 Eisenhower Parkway
- Roseland, NJ, 07068
- United States
- T: +1 973 852 8100
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- B.A., History, York University
- M.B.A., Finance, Pace University
- MAI, Appraisal Institute
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, Connecticut, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia
- Essex County Improvement Authority, Commissioner
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Legislative Member
- Appraisal Institute's Metro New Jersey Chapter, Board Member
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Due Diligence
- Litigation Support & Analytical Services
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
Mark Dunec is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in New York and Roseland, New Jersey. Mr. Dunec is a member of the Real Estate Solutions group where he develops strategic real estate operating and capital markets solutions for both domestic and international clients. He has over 18 years of experience in the real estate industry, specializing in underwriting pro forma cash flow, valuation, acquisition due diligence, financing, recapitalization, asset and entity restructuring and repositioning. Since joining the firm, Mr. Dunec has worked on complex real estate advisory projects totaling over $8.0 billion, across the United States as well as England, Ireland, United Arab Emirates and Panama.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Dunec was a Financial Analyst in Lend Lease’s Project Finance Group where he led the underwriting efforts for acquisitions and developments totaling over $500 million. Mr. Dunec was also a Real Estate Analyst for Shurgard Storage Centers – a self-storage REIT prior to the acquisition by Public Storage. He was responsible for over $70 million of acquisition and re-development capital of the Company’s portfolio. Mr. Dunec began his career as an associate in KPMG’s Compensation & Benefits Practice specializing in executive compensation and the calculation of golden parachutes.
Throughout his career, Mr. Dunec has created and maintained pro forma cash flow models, calculated various sensitivity analyses, determined the profitability of investments and assisted with the management of the entitlement, closing and due diligence processes. He has in depth experience across the various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, master planned communities and self-storage.
A designated member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI) and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), Mr. Dunec earned an M.B.A in finance from New York’s Pace University and a B.A. in history from Toronto’s York University. Mr. Dunec holds certified general appraiser licenses in Connecticut, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia.
Disclosure of Deposition / Trial Testimony:
- Trump Taj Mahal Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7574-2008; 10192-2009; 584-2010
- Trump Marina Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7488-2008; 10454-2009; 6062-2010
- Trump Plaza Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7488-2008; 10454-2009; 6064-2010
- Bank of America, N.A. vs. Stonestreet Hospitality Realty Company, LLC, Superior Court Judicial District of New London at New London, Docket. Nos. KNL-CV-16-6026981-S