- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +1 973 852 8241
- M: +1 347 407 4272
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- 56 Livingston Avenue
- Suite 400
- Roseland, NJ, 07068
- United States
- T: +1 973 852 8100
- F: +1 973 364 8464
- B.A., History, York University
- M.B.A., Finance, Pace University
- MAI Appraiser, Member Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, Connecticut, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia
- Essex County Improvement Authority, Commissioner
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Legislative Member
- Appraisal Institute's Metro New Jersey Chapter, Board Member
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Due Diligence
- Litigation Support & Analytical Services
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- Real Estate
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
Mark Dunec is a Managing Director in the Real Estate Solutions industry practice, where he develops strategic real estate operating and capital markets solutions for both domestic and international clients. Mr. Dunec has more than 18 years of experience in the real estate industry, specializing in underwriting pro forma cash flow, valuation, acquisition due diligence, financing, recapitalization, asset and entity restructuring and repositioning.
Mr. Dunec has worked on complex real estate advisory projects across the United States, as well as the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Croatia, England, Ireland, Panama and the United Arab Emirates.
Throughout his career, Mr. Dunec has created and maintained pro forma cash flow models, calculated various sensitivity analyses, determined the profitability of investments and assisted with the management of the entitlement, closing and due diligence processes. He has in-depth experience across all types of commercial and special use properties, with a particular emphasis on hospitality, healthcare and development properties.
Mr. Dunec also has extensive experience encompassing the life cycle of tax liens. He has been involved in the purchasing, managing and redemptions of tax lien portfolios.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Dunec was a Financial Analyst in Lend Lease’s Project Finance Group, where he led the underwriting efforts for acquisitions and developments totaling over $500 million. Mr. Dunec was also a Real Estate Analyst for Shurgard Storage Centers, a self-storage REIT, prior to the acquisition by Public Storage, where he was responsible for over $70 million of acquisition and re-development capital of the company’s portfolio. Mr. Dunec began his career as an Associate in KPMG’s Compensation & Benefits Practice, specializing in executive compensation and the calculation of golden parachutes.
Mr. Dunec holds a B.A. in history from York University and an M.B.A. in finance from Pace University. He holds certified general appraiser licenses in Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia and is a member of the Appraisal Institute and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Disclosure of Deposition / Trial Testimony:.
- Atlas MF Mezzanine Borrower, LLC vs. Macquarie Texas Loan Holder, LLC, KKR REPA AIV-2, LP, and KRE LRP Osprey Venture, LLC, Superior Court of the State of New York County of New York, Index No. 651657/2017
- RCHF, LLC et al. vs. Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp et al., In The United State District Court, District of Colorado, Civil Action No.: 1:16-cv-01301-PAB-GBG
Bank of America, N.A. vs. Stonestreet Hospitality Realty Company, LLC, Superior Court Judicial District of New London at New London, Docket Nos.: KNL-CV-16-6026981-S
Trump Taj Mahal Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7574-2008; 10192-2009; 584-2010
Trump Marina Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7488-2008; 10454-2009; 6062-2010
Trump Plaza Associates, LLC vs. City of Atlantic City, New Jersey, Docket Nos.: 7488-2008; 10454-2009; 6064-2010