- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 3 9604 0603
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 21, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Bachelor of Business, Accounting, Victoria University
- ASIC Registered Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant, Australia
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Corporate Finance
Paul Allen is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Paul has 20 years’ experience and specialises in all types of formal insolvency appointments. He has specific knowledge of the property, retail, sport, financial services and franchising industries.
Paul has strong and well respected working relationships with major retail banks, law and accounting firms and government agencies.
Paul spent eight years working in the United Kingdom working in a large international accountancy firm in their corporate recovery practice that included a secondment to a property development company and two years managing proceeds of crime receiverships.
- Acting as Liquidator of a number of entities at the request of a government agency that were involved in a scheme to defraud the Commonwealth and/or suspected of illegal phoenix activity.
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager of a property development company on behalf of major Australian bank, overseeing the completion and realisation of a residential property development.
- Trustee of a bankrupt estate that involved conducting significant investigations uncovering a fraud that led to a return to the estate’s creditors.
- Interim management and the sale of businesses in a variety of industries including retail, hospitality and healthcare.
- The liquidation of a group of entities that had raised $17 million via an unregistered Managed Investment Scheme.
- The liquidation of Allens Billy Hyde Group, Australia’s largest music retailer.
- Independent review of a suburban golf club on behalf of a major Australian bank.
- The trade on and sale of a winery on the Mornington Peninsula.
- The sale of various commercial and residential properties including the Pentridge Village site, multi storey office building in Kew and a shopping complex that included a major international retailer and 13 specialty stores.