- Senior Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +44 20 3727 1280
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- M.Phil., Economics, University of Cambridge
- B.Sc., Economics, University College London
- CFA® Charterholder
- Member of the CFA Institute
- Econometrics & Statistical Analysis
- Economic Consulting
- Expert Testimony
- Public Policy
- Regulated Industries
Ravi Kanabar is a Senior Director in the Economic and Financial Consulting practice of FTI Consulting and is based in London. He is an economist, and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Mr Kanabar specialises in applying strong economic reasoning and sophisticated statistical and financial analysis to assist law firms, corporations and government agencies facing complex economic and financial issues.
He works in both contentious and non-contentious settings.
- In the former, his work involves supporting parties to a dispute, courts and arbiters in commercial litigation and international arbitration, including by preparing formal expert reports.
- In the latter, he advises clients on often high-profile matters of business strategy, government policy, and economic regulation.
Mr Kanabar has particular experience in:
- valuation (of businesses, of damages, of intellectual property),
- statistical analysis to measure causal effects, and sample and survey design,
- policy analysis (policy design and assessment),
- economic regulation (efficiency benchmarking, cost of capital, excessive pricing claims).
He has worked with clients across a range of industries, including transport (in particular, in rail), utilities (gas, electricity, water, telecoms, post), health (healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies), consumer goods (food and drink, tobacco, electrical appliances), financial services (banks, insurance companies), and charity.
Mr Kanabar holds two degrees in Economics: a first-class honours degree from University College London, and a postgraduate degree from the University of Cambridge, for which he was awarded a distinction. He is a CFA Charterholder, and a member of the CFA Institute.