- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +91 22 4905 4257
- M: +91 98 2017 9771
- Unit 16, Level 3, The Executive Centre
- The Capital, Plot No. C-70
- G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex
- Mumbai, 400051
- T: +91 22 4905 5710
- B.Com., R. A. Podar College of Commerce & Economics
- Chartered Accountant, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Anti-money Laundering
- Corporate Fraud & Investigations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Litigation Support & Consulting Services
- International Arbitration
Shashank Karnad is a Senior Managing Director in the Risk Advisory & Investigations practice at FTI Consulting and is based in Mumbai, India. He has over 23 years of experience post-qualifying as a Chartered Accountant and has worked extensively in the areas of fraud investigations, litigation support, dispute advisory services, ethics & integrity, anti-money laundering and fraud risk assessment.
Shashank previously worked at KPMG for 18 years in different roles within the Forensic and Risk Advisory practices. He left KPMG in 2019, when he was Partner and COO of the Forensic business and leader of the Dispute Advisory Services practice.
During his time at KPMG he was seconded to the national quality and risk management team in 2005, during its set-up stage. He also led the launch of KPMG’s Audit Committee Institute (ACI) in India during this period.
In 2009, he was seconded to the KPMG Lower Gulf practice in Dubai, where he set up the Forensic practice. He travelled extensively across the Middle East and North Africa regions to execute large investigations and Dispute Advisory projects. He was made Partner in 2011 upon his return to KPMG in India.
Previous experience includes:
- Investigations: Led a large number of investigations in the areas of anti-bribery and corruption, international sanctions, class-action suits, financial misconduct, accounting misstatement, intellectual property theft, procurement, sales and distribution, human resources, fixed assets as well as victimisation and sexual harassment.
- Dispute Advisory Services: Appointed as an Expert Accountant and has been cross-examined in over 20 arbitration matters involving several million dollars, both in India and overseas jurisdictions, such as London and Singapore. He has had a near-100% success-rate in awards. He has also worked as a tribunal/court appointed expert in arbitrations. He has also worked as a mediator in proceedings, on cross-border transactions in post-acquisition disputes requiring a purchase price adjustment.
- Fraud Risk Assessment: Led multiple fraud risk assessment engagements across industry sectors. He has also conducted several fraud risk assessment/ethics & integrity workshops for senior management teams and boards of his clients, both in India and UAE.
- EMEA learning and development (L&D): EMEA L&D leader at KPMG where he conducted several Forensic training sessions for experienced Forensic team members across EMEA.
- Sector focus: Worked across sectors with a specialisation in financial services and manufacturing, working with large Indian and global companies on high-profile and sensitive matters.
- Country experience: Worked in over 30 jurisdictions across the Americas, Europe, UK, India, Middle East, Africa and Asia.