Dispute & Litigation Support Analytics
Companies and law firms involved in an investigation or legal dispute must quickly collect, manage, and derive facts from all their data, whether structured or unstructured. In these situations, many top global organizations and law firms engage FTI Consulting. With decades of industry, legal and technical experience, our multidisciplinary senior teams know where to look for data, how to expertly analyze it, and how to produce facts and evidence that support a case. To help resolve disputes of all types, we guide clients to use data to make vital connections, create the larger picture, and determine the true impacts.
How We Help
We use the latest technology and powerful analytical tools to collect, organize and analyze multifaceted sets of transactions involved in complex disputes, as well as the communications, files and other datasets that help provide context for the investigation and potential litigation. Where required, we can apply Augmented Investigations™, our firm’s approach to applying advanced analytics in data-heavy projects. Our professionals are experts at using data to reveal the truths underlying business operations to support companies during regulatory inquiries and in commercial disputes. Our experienced team has the technical skills and leading technology resources to manage all forms of data, including:
- Structured data: ERP and CRM systems, complex trading platforms, general ledger and AP data, cryptocurrencies and digital currencies, and other applications and systems
- Semi-structured data: server logs, SWIFT messages, XML files, JSON documents
- Unstructured data: loose documents, email and chat content, web page scrapes, social media, voice
Clients rely on our support at every phase of the dispute resolution process. We assist you from start to finish, from early case assessment, pre-litigation strategy and discovery, to litigation and mediation consulting, expert testimony and trial. With proven financial, economic and industry expertise, we help clients unravel challenging business issues and resolve disputes in a cost-effective and expedient manner. Clients seek our expertise and advisement in all manners of disputes, including:
- Partnership and JV disputes
- Landlord-tenant dispute damages analysis and dispute resolution
- Construction delay damages analysis and dispute resolution
- Various CMBS/RMBS counterparty disputes, including breach of representations and warranties
- Bankruptcy-related disputes, including avoidance actions and preference disputes, solvency analysis, valuation disputes, and plan confirmation issues such as interest rate and plan feasibility analysis
Our technology experts are highly skilled in data acquisition and analytics, applying industry-leading techniques and technology to prepare and synthesize data, and conducting large-scale analytics, including modelling, trend or outlier analysis. These techniques are scalable in the current data-intensive environment, and we regularly work on matters from disparate, multi-jurisdictional data sources with often petabytes of data and record counts in the billions.
When you partner with us, you also benefit from access to our global network of multidisciplinary experts, including former prosecutors, law enforcement officials and regulators, forensic accountants, anti-corruption investigators, and senior specialists in digital forensics, electronic evidence and advanced analytics.
Engage us for:
- Case analysis and strategy: including risk analysis and prelitigation strategy development, quantitative modeling for case strategy or settlement, scenario planning and damage analysis
- Discovery: including early fact-finding, full end-to-end e-discovery software and services, and a la carte services ranging from cross-border data collection to managed review and production
- Trial services: including expert witness testimony, evaluating witnesses, and graphics and courtroom technology support