R. Carter Atlamazoglou is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting's Power, Renewables and Energy Transition practice and a member of FTI Capital Advisors, the firm’s investment banking subsidiary. He has over a decade of experience in the renewable energy sector spanning principal and advisory roles across multiple countries and technologies.
At FTI Consulting, Mr. Atlamazoglou's experience covers the project and transaction lifecycle from strategic market entry and due diligence through to M&A and interim management. During his engagements with the firm, Mr. Atlamazoglou has prepared and conducted strategic options analysis and strategic market entry reviews, undertaken financial, commercial and operational due diligence assignments, provided mergers and acquisitions advisory services and held formal board and interim management roles for clients.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Atlamazoglou has served in a wide range of roles in the renewables industry including business development, project development and financing and M&A. He has worked in a variety of countries and markets and has a strong understanding of the commercial, financial and regulatory drivers of the renewables industry and experience in a range of renewable and adjacent technologies including solar, onshore and offshore wind, hydro, waste to energy and storage.
Previously, Mr. Atlamazoglou worked for Silver Ridge Power and its’ predecessor AES Solar, a global solar IPP and joint venture between AES Corp. and Riverstone Holdings. In this capacity he focused on the development, acquisition and financing of solar PV projects, leading the company’s business development efforts in Greece, as well as on corporate and operations projects in Europe and North America. Mr. Atlamazoglou began his career with Berkshire Capital where he advised clients on M&A in the asset management and securities industries.
Mr. Atlamazoglou speaks English, French and Greek and has been a guest lecturer on renewable energy at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).
- Leading the redevelopment of the Punta Lima Wind Farm in Puerto Rico, one of two utility scale wind farms on the island, which was destroyed by Hurricane Maria, on behalf of a global bank
- Providing strategic market entry advice for commercial and industrial solar and storage in Europe, including the review and analysis of over 20 markets, to a major renewable energy investor
- Strategic options analysis for the project sponsor of an operational 155MW wind farm in the ERCOT West zone
- Advising on the sale of an operational 114MW wind farm in the SPS zone of the SPP
- Restructuring of a global solar developer, EPC contractor and owner/operator of commercial and industrial and utility scale solar PV plants
- Strategic advisory for a leading global wind turbine OEM including the identification of new business models