John Park is a Senior Managing Director and the Head of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Australia at FTI Consulting and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
John is a leading specialist in business transformation, corporate recovery and turnaround consulting. He has extensive experience in the corporate recovery market and operational management in a wide variety of industries. This industry focus has been primarily in property, manufacturing, mining and mining services, hospitality, building and construction, retail and financial services. John has been directly responsible for some of the largest corporate administrations and turnarounds within Australia.
John's 26-year career administering complex business transformations has provided him with a unique foresight when it comes to overcoming a company’s challenges, capitalizing on opportunities and leveraging their competitive advantage. John provides leadership and practical solutions to improve performance and efficiencies across a business and partners with leaders to manage change, streamline costs, optimize revenue and execute growth strategies both in the short and long-term.
- Advisor and subsequently appointed Voluntary Administrator to SurfStitch Group Limited an ASX listed online retailer. SurfStitch operated leading surf, skate, snow and apparel online stores in Australia, USA and the UK, a global surf forecasting website, and an Australian surf magazine.
- Appointed as Voluntary Administrator and undertook independent assessment of financial position and ongoing viability of Queensland Nickel Pty Ltd. Coordinated the fast-tracked assessment and distribution of Federal Government payments to former workers totaling more than AU$70 million and commenced action to recoup AU$300 million owed to remaining creditors.
- Advisor to the board of one of world largest hard coking open-cut coal miners. Our role was to provide advice on solvency, together with commentary on the adequacy of AU$2.3bn in debt facilities.
- Appointed as joint and several Receiver and Manager to various entities associated with The Raptis Group’s AU$700 million Southport Central development on the Gold Coast.
- Conducted formal insolvency for one of Australia’s largest independently owned kitchenware retailers, Robins Kitchen, with an annual turnover of approximately AU$40 million.