Jose Vargas specializes in turnaround and restructuring advisory. Mr. Vargas’ industry experience includes movie theater exhibitors, retail apparel companies, pharmaceutical companies, fruit production, steel distribution, aluminum recycling, offshore services suppliers to oil producers, infrastructure, government, airport and airlines.
Mr. Vargas has participated in several restructurings and financial due diligence engagements involving building complex financial models, as well as government bidding processes and business plan feasibility analyses.
Mr. Vargas’ past clients include a Mexico City airport, state governments in Mexico, suppliers of Mexico’s government oil production company and major commercial banks.
Mr. Vargas is fluent in English and Spanish, and is conversational in French.
- Advisor to the unsecured lenders of the largest cinema operator in Mexico with over USD1.25 billion in debt and operations in 17 countries
- Advisor to one of the most iconic clothing retail brands in Mexico with revenues of over USD45 million a year where he developed a business plan alongside management, reflecting the impact of COVID-19
- Advisor to the Board of Directors of a financial institution in the investigation of the diversion of funds obtained from the capital markets
- Advisor to Empresas ICA, one of the largest construction companies in Mexico
- Advisor to unsecured creditors of a major construction company in Mexico and Brazil
- Advisor to the bank lender group of Corporación GEO and Homex
- Advisor to the unsecured creditors of one of the largest bond paper producers in Mexico
- Advisor to the secure lender of one of the largest wholesalers and groceries distributors in Mexico
Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional
Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
B.S., Industrial Engineering, Universidad Iberoamericana
M.B.A., Anderson School of Management, UCLA
T: +52 55 5540 8016
Boulevard Manuel Ávila Camacho No. 126
Lomas de Chapultepec
Mexico, CDMX 11000
Business Plan Review
Creditor Rights, Relations & Negotiations
Financial Due Diligence