Michael Tong is a leader within the life science supply chain management industry with more than 10 years of consulting and functional experience. Mr. Tong is responsible for the delivery of services and solutions focused on assisting life sciences clients with solving their most complex problems and achieving their strategic and operational objectives. His experience ranges across multiple industries with a focus on life sciences, including consumer, pharmaceutical, medical devices and personalized medicine, and multiple supply chain functions such as manufacturing, logistics, distribution, global trade, control tower, sourcing and procurement and end-to-end supply chain strategy.
Mr. Tong carries a broad and deep knowledge in the end-to-end supply chain and digital operations coupled with personalized medicine (cell and gene therapy). He has helped clients globally in the development and execution of business strategies that promote innovation and growth, operational efficiency and process excellence involving business process transformation and technology enablement including enterprise systems and digital technology.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Tong spent several years working for a Big Four consulting firm as a leader in the Logistics and Distribution group. Additionally, he worked as a Supply Chain Analyst at Canadian Tire Corp., managing the forecast and replenishment process.
- Gene Therapy: Developed an end-to-end commercialization process for gene therapy along the supply chain, including process design, organizational design, chain-of-identity system support and logistics risk assessment
- Control Tower: Developed the functional design and deployed a global control tower governance model that enabled 24/7 monitoring of global pharmaceutical shipments
- Distribution Network Strategy: Managed multiple network design and strategies for organizations by developing a multiyear roadmap
- Operational Value Realization: Identification and evaluation of opportunities across end-to-end operations to determine cost reduction and revenue generation opportunities
- Process standardization: Managed multiple global process standardization for surgical and pharma operation of global trade and logistics processes