Stuart Amor is a Senior Managing Director in the Economic and Financial Consulting segment of FTI Consulting and is based in London. Dr. Amor acts as a testifying valuation expert primarily on oil and gas matters. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, he was as an oil and gas equity analyst for more than 20 years at Credit Suisse, ING and RFC Ambrian.
With extensive experience valuing oil and gas companies, Dr. Amor has a deep understanding of the oil and gas industry, the various types of companies within it and the key drivers of their profitability. Additionally, Dr. Amor has testified in numerous arbitral hearings and has worked on various types of oil and gas disputes at FTI Consulting.
Dr. Amor holds a Master's of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate school of Management in Chicago and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) charter holder. Additionally, he holds both a Doctorate in Chemistry and a Bachelor’s of Arts in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University.
- Valuation of upstream petroleum assets expropriated by a government in the Former Soviet Union
- Valuation of alleged delayed profits in a shareholder dispute between Middle Eastern joint venture partners
- Valuation of a carried interest in several West African oil licences
- Valuation of a net profit interest in two North African gas licences
- Valuation of a Chinese company’s tax benefit
- Assessment of the appropriate increase, if any, of the cost recovery limits of two Asian Production Sharing Contracts ("PSCs")
- Valuation of two gas condensate licences allegedly expropriated by an Asian government
- Valuation of an oil and gas construction company at its initial public offering
- Assessment of the fair value of a Russian oil field service company’s minority shares that were squeezed out in a management buyout