Operational & Performance Improvement Services
In a market of increasing change and competitive pressures, FTI Consulting provides rigorous analysis and a proprietary toolkit for fact-based decision making and lasting operational improvement that promotes change while allowing management to focus on day-to-day operations.
Our Service Offerings
Performance Improvement & Project Management Office
- Project Management Office and Steering Committee roles and responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategic direction to Performance Improvement and/or Merger Integration teams.
- Identify and develop centers of excellence across an organization.
- Make go/no-go decision on plans.
- Monitor day-to-day coordination of individual teams and overall processes.
- Track and report back to the Steering Committee to ensure strategy is executed and all milestones and goals are achieved as planned.
- Coordinate with specific subject matter experts.
- Effectiveness of business development:
- Evaluate channels and alignment of business development personnel.
- Develop business development incentive plans.
- Analyze the capture management process.
- Product and market analysis and optimization:
- Track division and contract profitability.
- Cost optimization and alignment:
- Monitor operational processes.
- Evaluate fixed asset holdings.
- Assess human capital allocations.
Improvement of Core Business Systems
- Assess and develop solutions to improve business systems performance:
- Budget and forecasting
- Supply chain
- Property management
- Information Technology
- Document and evaluate current systems and system controls.
- Evaluate compliance with business systems rules from federal agencies.
- Develop remediation plans for deficiencies identified, either as a result of internal assessment or external (e.g., DCAA or DCMA) audit.
- Develop and implement compliance manuals, policies and procedures, tools and training manuals
Process & System Implementation
- Obtain an understanding of system infrastructure and applications with respect to future growth targets, including human capital and outsourced agreements.
- Assess processes and procedures, including IT systems (proprietary and commercial):
- Age/version, license compliance, IT infrastructure, hardware inventory, voice and data networks, security, scalability and policies.
- Evaluate organizational resources and determine possible areas of investment.
- Identify potential risks to business systems and recommend remediation plans and policies and procedures.
- Assist management with the setting of the IT strategy and the selection and implementation of new systems and infrastructure, including cost accounting allocation systems.
- Test systems compliance and highlight any deficiencies.
- CEO, CRO, COO and CFO roles.
- Other roles:
- Controllers, billing managers, Project Management Office.