Get Ready for the Upcoming Results Season
Are You Results Ready?
July 26, 2023DownloadsDownload Service Sheet
As reporting season approaches, increasing concerns over rising interest rates, inflation, wage cost pressures and declining consumer spending are putting significant pressure on company profits. With a few recent earning downgrades and guidance provided by Australian listed companies best described as mixed, investors will be keen to gauge the extent of these challenges. Companies will face increased scrutiny regarding their liquidity buffers, cost management, and plans to deliver consistent shareholder returns.
How Is Your Company Preparing for Upcoming Results?
What consideration has your team given to the following:
- How will you balance your in-person vs virtual meetings this reporting season? What consideration have you given to 'TWT' working days? How will this impact on your roadshow scheduling and structure?
- How are you factoring in non-institutional/non-traditional investors in your post-results schedule and communication? Have you factored in your social media engagement and considered the influence of HNW or retail investors on your register, and therefore included them in your communications collateral?
- Australian listed companies will soon be subject to mandatory climate-related reporting requirements – are you across these? And what consideration has been given by your remuneration committee to linking executive pay to ESG metrics?
We work alongside management and Investor Relations teams to support and provide expert-level insights.
We ensure that current and future considerations are factored into your results schedule and communication. We address critical questions with management such as:
- Are you confident that investors clearly grasp your strategy, growth drivers and market position?
- Are you in tune with analyst and investor sentiment and expectations of your company?
- Are you ready to handle the tough, 'elephant in the room' questions that might arise?