- Senior Managing Director, Head of EMEA Tax Advisory
- Corporate Finance
- T: +44 20 3727 1271
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- LL.B., (Hons), Law & Economics, Edinburgh University
- Diploma in Legal Practice (Dip LP), Edinburgh University
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Qualified Solicitor
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Law Society
- The Law Society of Scotland
- Private Equity Advisory
- Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services
- Transaction Advisory
- Real Estate
Euan Sutherland is a Senior Managing Director and Leader of EMEA Tax Advisory at FTI Consulting and is based in London. Euan is in the European Tax Advisory Group in the Corporate Finance segment.
Euan’s focus is advising on real estate transactions, with over fifteen years’ experience in the sector. In recent years he has advised on distressed real estate and developments, predominately acting for private equity, UHNW investors and banks.
Euan joined FTI in 2015, having previously been at Deloitte, where he led a number of their key UK real estate tax relationships. Over the last two years, Euan was also instrumental in creating and developing a real estate family office business at Deloitte.
Euan has advised on a broad range of structures, transactions and asset classes, drawing on his experience in the real estate industry and his prior experience as a solicitor. Euan enjoys working on complex transactions and typically leads on the inception and execution of the deal structuring.
Euan’s expertise also extends to stamp taxes and advising on the formation of private equity funds, joint ventures and club deals. Over the years he has contributed to a number of leading tax publications, and worked with HM Treasury, HMRC and the Scottish Government on the drafting of new legislation (most recently on Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings, non-resident Capital Gains Tax and the Scottish Land and Building Transaction Tax). Euan currently sits on the Law Society’s stamp taxes working committee.
- Acquisition of a European real estate and real estate backed debt business by a US private equity fund;
- £150m acquisition of a global bank’s UK headquarters in London by a Hong Kong private investor;
- £200m sale of a prominent central London hotel by a US PE fund;
- Acquisition of a portfolio of £250m London properties by a UK PE fund; and Formation of £400m joint venture between two family controlled business, to own and develop a central London retail village.
Euan holds an LLB (Hons) in Law and Economics and a Diploma in Legal Practice from Edinburgh University.