- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +1 312 342 8265
- F: +1 404 460 6299
- 1201 W Peachtree Street, NW
- Suite 500
- Atlanta, GA, 30309
- United States
- T: +1 404 460 6200
- F: +1 404 460 6299
- Certified Public Accountant Degree, Andres Bello Catholic University
- M.B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Blackline Account Reconciliations Module Certified Implementation Professional
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Close Management 11.1.2 Administration Ed 2 PRV Certification
- Workday Financial Management Implementator Certification
- Corporate Finance
- Finance Transformation
- Financial Management Process Improvement
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Office of the CFO Solutions
- Energy, Power & Products
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Michael Ovalles is a Senior Managing Director in the Office of the CFO Solutions practice. Mr. Ovalles focuses on assisting a broad range of clients achieve finance function and back-office excellence through digitalization and automation, operating model realignment, organizational structure redesign, integration, cost reduction and other finance transformation initiatives. With more than 20 years of experience, he is a finance transformation expert helping companies modernize their finance functions.
Mr. Ovalles complements his technical expertise with strong leadership and project management skills. His approach to solving clients’ business challenges focuses on designing and implementing transformation programs to lower the cost of finance, improve service levels and turn finance into a partner to the business. He has successfully led the execution of these programs by optimizing the current operating model, embedding digital solutions and smart automation, leaning out organizational structures, launching shared services and/or outsourcing initiatives, leveraging data and analytics and improving the customer experience of internal and external stakeholders of the finance function. Mr. Ovalles’ clients benefit from his problem-solving skills, strong technical expertise, global acumen and the passion and energy he brings to his projects.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Ovalles was a Director in PricewaterhouseCoopers’ (“PwC”) Finance Effectiveness practice, where he successfully delivered large finance transformation solutions to a broad range of clients for more than 12 years. In addition, Mr. Ovalles worked as a Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner at INTESA, a high-tech joint venture between Venezuela’s oil giant PDVSA and San Diego-based SAIC. He began his professional career as an auditor with PwC.
Mr. Ovalles holds a Certified Public Accounting degree from Andres Bello Catholic University and an M.B.A. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.