Complex Cyber Investigations & Litigation
Operational and reputational damages that stem from complex cyber incidents cause real economic harm. The global team of senior forensic and litigation consulting professionals and cybersecurity experts at FTI Consulting is uniquely qualified to synthesize the financial, competitive, and industry information needed to quantify this harm. Clients rely on our support to deal with high-stakes litigation, including class action data privacy cases, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny. Whether you are at a law firm or corporation, we work collaboratively with you to unravel the most complex cyber incidents and provide solutions specific to your industry, size, and challenge.
How We Help
Our team routinely tackles large-scale, global, and complex issues that often stem from data-security-related challenges that demand intricate custom solutions. Our clients trust us to quickly ascertain key facts and data sets that support timely and strategic decisions in investigations. When you partner with us, we deliver cutting-edge and data-driven results that protect your enterprise value. Rely on us for:
- Litigation support. Rely on our support when you face high-stakes litigation, including class action data privacy cases, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny. We are well suited to handle complex, class action cases that require a multidisciplinary approach to dispute resolution. We investigate and extract relevant data to prove or disprove claims, educate all parties about the nuanced elements surrounding complex cases, and deliver expert witness written reports outlining evidence for judges, jury, and clients.
- Expert witness testimony. Our testifying experts have decades of experience at the highest levels of law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and global private-sector institutions. They’re well known for providing thorough, confident, and effective testimony and written submissions, as well as verifying results and findings.
- Evidence collection, handling and preservation. This includes industry-leading electronic evidence services. Our expert teams deploy tailored, advanced analytics capabilities that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data mining technologies. We help our clients understand technology-dependent issues — essential when translating sophisticated artifacts and findings during litigation so deciding parties can understand the material presented.
- Forensic analysis. We have proven success using creative approaches to uncover the facts and get to the bottom of complex issues. Drawing upon our extensive experience and state-of-the-art tools, our team searches, recovers, and analyzes massive amounts of data at the high speeds demanded by litigation. We untangle and understand cybersecurity attribution to determine exactly what has occurred.
- Data breach class action. We are well-suited to handle complex class action cases that require a multidisciplinary approach to dispute resolution.
- Quantification of damages and business valuations. We provide independent and reliable opinions on the value of business, shares, financial instruments and intangible assets across the full range of contexts in which valuation analysis is required.
- Industry-savvy settlement advice. This includes large-scale case processing, sound scoring, and settlement compliance review.