All organizations face cyber threats that compromise data and interrupt operations. Once an incident is detected, immediate action is critical. Experienced FTI Consulting cybersecurity experts know how to respond to all threat types and understand that cyber incident response capabilities must seamlessly integrate across existing mission-critical functions. Our global clients trust us to provide independent cyber and risk management advisory services, and depend on us for support with cyber readiness, incident response, and complex cyber investigations and litigation.
How We Help
Whether it’s ransomware, business email compromise, a trusted insider, or a foreign actor, we provide complete cyber incident response solutions, including preparedness and response planning, incident response, analysis, identification, containment, eradication, mitigation, and system refinements. Additionally, we provide ancillary mission support functions, such as crisis management, strategic communications, and reputation management.
Our global team — comprised of dedicated cybersecurity experts, incident response experts, developers, and data scientists — has extensive background in conducting investigations, and decades of experience at the highest levels of law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and global private-sector institutions. No matter your organization’s industry, location or size, we deploy globally and are equipped to help respond to cyber incidents effectively.
Cyber attacks and other critical security incidents can impede your ability to keep your business moving. We help clients get to the bottom of what happened and limit additional damage. We focus on each phase of the incident response life cycle to deliver tailored plans that meet your organization’s needs. This custom application of fundamental incident preparedness and response components maximizes your organization’s efficiency and effectiveness when dealing with an incident. Clients rely on us to help them at every stage of the incident response life cycle:
- Preparedness and response planning. We help you establish and train an incident response team and develop the required tools and resources. To limit the number of potential incidents your organization may face, we work with your team to select and implement controls, based on the results of our risk assessments.
- Immediate response, identification, containment, eradication, and recovery. We help establish or adjust containment procedures that limit the scope and magnitude of an attack and help re-establish business operations. Once an incident has been contained and eradicated, your business processes affected by the incident can resume and your organization can return to normal operations. Through a post-incident assessment, we detail the cost, cause, and response for the incident, along with steps that should be taken to prevent future incidents.
- Detection and analysis. Residual risk inevitably persists after controls are implemented. Developing effective containment and eradication strategies requires early identification, detection, and analysis of threats facing your networks. Once an incident is identified, we deploy the resources and tools necessary to determine the scope, impact, and appropriate response. These efforts determine the source of the incident and preserve necessary forensic artifacts.
- E-discovery. We provide end-to-end e-discovery services, using leading e-discovery technology, expert teams, and innovative workflows to help clients quickly and cost-effectively understand the matter and develop case strategy.
- Crisis management and strategic communications. Effective management coupled with internal and external communications is imperative during any cybersecurity event. We provide strategic counsel to clients facing legal, financial, regulatory, and reputational issues, and develop communications strategies, map stakeholders and audiences, and develop messaging and materials.