Cyber Readiness Consulting
Every organization is vulnerable to cybersecurity risk and should take proactive measures to mitigate threats before they become successful attacks. Robust cybersecurity readiness management includes tailored, proactive prevention that can preserve corporate reputation, operations, and financial standing. FTI Consulting cybersecurity professionals work with your team to evaluate specific needs, and tailor solutions that enhance cyber readiness to the mounting cybersecurity risks facing your business.
How Our Cyber Readiness Services Help
No matter your organization’s industry, location or size, our senior team — dedicated cybersecurity experts, incident response consultants, developers, and data scientists with extensive investigative backgrounds — has decades of experience at the highest levels of law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and global private-sector institutions. We deploy worldwide if necessary and stand ready to help you establish and meet your organization’s cyber readiness goals.
Our clients, including many of the world’s largest multinational corporations, rely on us as their global source of independent cyber and risk management advisory services, and for our expertise and support with cyber readiness, incident response, and complex cyber investigations and litigation. We work with your team to evaluate your organization’s needs and develop tailored solutions, enhancing your organization’s security and readiness to defend against its unique cybersecurity risks.
Our cyber readiness services include:
- Cybersecurity program assessment. Our goal is to secure your organization’s future by maintaining proper protections. This includes determining if your organization meets industry standard best practices, identifying and assessing its vulnerabilities, and devising a holistic set of scored recommendations.
- Vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. By assessing whether your organization’s IT infrastructure can withstand a cyber attack, you ensure your infrastructure is secure and stable, preventing hackers from infiltrating systems. Our custom assessments simulate attackers with and without familiarity of your infrastructure. We test your systems for irregularities, inconsistencies, and anomalies that might render your network vulnerable to attack. By identifying and addressing vulnerabilities, you mitigate risk from cyber threats, protect critical and confidential assets, minimize the significance of a future cyber incident, and optimize resources and your security budget.
- Threat-hunting operations. We proactively identify threats to build in remediation before warnings are triggered. Our experts synthesize operational intelligence and cybersecurity technical intelligence and focus on areas of your network to identify advanced persistent threats.
- Red teaming. Improving your security posture may require thinking like attackers who target networks and systems. Red teaming allows our experts to test your intruder detection defenses, simulate a real cyber attack, and provide your team with relevant experience on how to identify threats and respond.
- Policies, procedures, and staff gap analysis and design. A gap analysis of your organization’s cybersecurity policies and procedures is crucial for responding to threats immediately, mitigating cyber threats, and ensuring business continuity. We thoroughly review your security policies, processes, and procedures; interview staff to understand how they implement, manage, and enforce them; and administer a gap assessment of existing security controls as measured against comparable industries.
- Cybersecurity compliance. Data privacy and cybersecurity concerns have led to an increase in legislation and demanding regulations. We help your organization meet its unique regulatory compliance requirements while maximizing its return on cybersecurity investment. Our experts are highly experienced in achieving compliance with the Defense Foreign Acquisition Regulatory Supplement (DFARS), NIST 800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Securing International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New York Department of Financial Services (DFS), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Data Security Standard (DSS), and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Crisis simulation, table-top exercises and employee training. We provide custom crisis exercises and evaluations that test and improve your incident response capabilities. Using real-world scenarios and simulations, we help you better understand your organization’s threat profile and weaknesses, prepare a response plan, and harden defenses. And, because having an informed workforce can measurably improve your network defense, we create customized training programs to build your employees’ knowledge base and define appropriate standards of secure behavior.
- Information governance, privacy and security. The growth of corporate data presents new challenges and opportunities for your organization. We help manage these hindrances by developing and implementing information governance solutions to minimize corporate risk, cut storage costs, secure data, improve the e-discovery process, and enable faster and deeper insight into data.
- Dark web intelligence and monitoring. We perform dark web assessments to identify existing compromises that could make you and your assets less secure. Our experts also maintain reoccurring dark web monitoring to inform your organization if any of its data or assets appear as the result of a new breach.
- Third-party audit and assessments. The increased reliance on third-party vendors, and sharing data with them, can leave organizations vulnerable to exposure, while also creating another entry point for hackers to leverage. We perform third-party due diligence assessments to analyze cyber risk and provide tailored threat mitigation recommendations.
Meet Our Cyber Readiness Experts
Anthony J. Ferrante
Senior Managing Director, Global Head of Cybersecurity
Jordan Rae Kelly
Senior Managing Director, Head of Americas Cybersecurity
Senior Managing Director, Head of EMEA Cybersecurity
London, United Kingdom
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director, Co-Leader of Americas Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Communications
New York, NY