Labor & Employment
The ever-increasing size and complexity of payroll, personnel and timekeeper databases make it difficult for organizations to make business decisions and respond to legal claims on employment discrimination issues from employees, employment applicants, and federal and state governments. The entire human resources spectrum of hiring, compensation and bonus, training, experiential or commission assignments, performance evaluation, promotion, and separation creates risk for both private and public sector entities. When the world’s top organizations face legal disputes involving these risks, they and their external counsel rely on FTI Consulting as a trusted, independent provider of employment dispute resolution support and advisory.
How We Help
Clients engage our experienced team of senior labor and employment experts when they need to analyze large amounts of data quickly and effectively. We specialize in preparing economic and statistical analyses for clients facing disputes and compliance actions relating to wage and hour issues, class action, class certification, lost earnings and discrimination. Our team has deep labor and employment experience in handling the ever-increasing size and complexity of human resources, payroll, personnel and timekeeper databases. We can quickly and effectively utilize our specialized network analysis to improve visualizations and statistical analyses. This allows us to identify and quantify potential damage exposures that other, more traditional analyses simply miss.
When resolving employment disputes, clients rely on our statistical and economic analysis of:
- Title VII Disparate Impact discrimination issues (e.g., race, gender, age)
- Market factors analysis in Equal Value litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour issues; state wage and hour issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigation issues
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audits
- Reduction-in-force discrimination assessments
- HR compensation and benefits assessment
- Gaming industry and casino labor issues
- Housing and real estate discrimination issues
- Mileage reimbursement analyses
- Job classification and misclassification analyses