Forensic Accounting & Fraud Investigations
How we can help
How We Help
Whether triggered by a whistleblower complaint, internal audit, or regulatory action, investigations are often undertaken by the company or its board of directors. Frequently, these investigations are performed at the direction of outside counsel or the organization’s in-house counsel. When independent support with industry-specific expertise on investigations, compliance programs, internal controls or technical accounting issues is needed, FTI Consulting can help. We assist in resolving issues and conducting forensic accounting investigations and compliance remediation projects quickly, efficiently and impartially.
Whether the allegations relate to accounting malfeasance, bribery or embezzlement, Ponzi schemes or other corporate improprieties, our professionals — widely considered as among the industry’s top practitioners — have extensive experience conducting investigations. Our team includes former Big 4 audit firm partners, forensic specialists, prosecutors, law enforcement officials and regulators from key regulatory and investigative agencies around the world.
Clients regularly engage us to advise or to provide with:
- Forensic accounting investigations and analyses, financial record reconstruction and evaluation of accounting transactions
- Investigative due diligence of individuals and entities and asset searches
- Assistance with conducting witness and fact-finding interviews
- Computer forensics and electronic data preservation, retrieval and analysis
- Enterprise-wide complex data modeling and analysis
- Damage quantifications
- Expert witness testimony at trial
- Root cause analysis and internal control and compliance program remediation
- Design and implementation of robust internal controls
- Court- or regulatory-agency-appointed monitoring