Corporate Risk & Investigations
Monitorships and Investigations Consulting
How we can help
How We Help
Organizations need to understand the risks that are prevalent within their industry, how those risks can impact their business, the relevant regulatory landscape, and how to allocate resources to respond to and mitigate those risks. Even organizations that have effectively designed internal controls and compliance programs can find themselves susceptible to business risks and actions that trigger investigations. Having an effective investigative response capability is critical.
FTI Consulting can help. Our senior practitioners have extensive experience uncovering the facts, leveraging proven methodologies and advanced forensic technologies. With speed, efficiency and discretion, we investigate the facts with minimal disruption to daily business operations, and produce results quickly. Our forensic specialists, licensed private investigators, financial and economic experts, and communication professionals have decades of experience in all industries and business sectors.
Organizations rely on our extensive portfolio of corporate risk mitigation and investigative capabilities, including:
- Expert-led investigations. Our experts, many of whom have worked in enforcement and investigative agencies around the world, are highly skilled at identifying and untangling the interdependencies that link people, corporate entities, money flows, business partners and outsiders to the critical events under investigation. We can deploy anywhere in the world or work remotely with minimal disruption to employees and business operations. Our team has conducted and completed thousands of successful assignments involving various subject matters, including fraud, conflicts of interest evaluations, bribery schemes, violations of employee non-solicitation agreements, and more.
- Intellectual property theft and trade secret misappropriation. Our team has a strong track record in helping corporations protect against, detect, and contain trade secret theft and other types of intellectual property (IP) theft, including those involving state-sponsored economic espionage. We help identify risky behavior among departing employees, recover deleted or stolen data, gain access to password-protected files, and find key documents and system artifacts in a minimum amount of time. We routinely deliver initial results and reports within 24 hours. If testimony is needed, we can provide expert and fact-witness testimony about the results of our investigations.
- Data remediation. Using an array of data analytics tools and thorough and tested workflows, we help organizations defensibly, securely and permanently delete data and document the process to reduce future enterprise risk.
- Social media, chat, and cloud-based data handling. Our team has the deep expertise and experience to quickly collect and preserve cloud data in a secure manner. Legal and information technology teams rely on our ability to leverage proven software, tools, and methodologies to easily search, collect, preserve, and review emerging data types along with other enterprise information. You can then quickly understand and act upon the content for legal matters, investigations or regulatory responses.
- Software licensing, audit and piracy investigations. To reduce risks and save on costs, software publishers and other organizations must be able to analyze the use and misuse of software licenses. From license audits and software piracy investigations to software asset management, our global team of recognized experts in digital forensics, brand protection, licensing compliance and investigations helps corporations monitor and protect these valuable assets.
- E-discovery services. Clients benefit from our deep experience in working on many complex e-discovery challenges — assessment of scope and disposition of data to be acquired, preservation of relevant electronic evidence, forensic collection of a full array of data types, or preservation and reconstruction of corrupt or deleted data. Additionally, we’ve worked on email fabrication and alteration matters, testified about authenticity of documents, and completed deletion analyses from cell phones, email servers and other sources. Throughout the entire litigation lifecycle — from the earliest stage to presentation at trial — clients benefit from our proven methodologies that provide a strategic and logistical advantage.
Meet Our Experts
Senior Managing Director, Head of Americas Crisis & Litigation Communications
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director
New York, NY
V. Scott Foster
Senior Managing Director, Head of Australia Technology & E-Discovery