Anti-Bribery & Corruption Investigations
How we can help
How We Help
Corporate legal counsel (GC), chief compliance officers (CCOs), boards of directors, government enforcement agencies, and government-appointed monitors rely on us to respond to alleged violations of anti-corruption legislation. These include the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act (UKBA), Brazil’s Clean Company Act, and other anti-corruption statutes.
Clients benefit from our deep industry expertise and data and analytics capabilities when they engage us for...
Clients benefit from our deep industry expertise and data and analytics capabilities when they engage us for investigative services. In addition, because of our global presence, our trained investigators and data specialists have the knowledge and understanding of the laws, regulations and cultural nuances (including local practices and language capabilities) in jurisdictions throughout the world. Our services cover the investigation of allegations and assistance with remediation. We also advise organizations on proactive corruption risk mitigation.
We offer a wide range of expert support at every stage of a global corruption investigation. Clients task us to:
- Conduct analytical risk assessment reviews over business operations where corruption risks are suspected
- Perform forensic accounting examinations of business transactions
- Collect information through publicly available material and investigate beneficial relationships
- Identify and preserve electronic data and traditional paper records. In addition, we analyze data and uncover relevant documents and information using advanced analytics applied to unstructured data and state-of-the-art tools to analyze structured data sets
- Reconstruct accounting records
- Combine output with information and evidence gathered elsewhere to establish the fact pattern
- Produce a report for key stakeholders based on our investigation that answers the questions who, what, where, when, how and why
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities to enhance anti-corruption compliance programs and accounting internal controls
- Provide information to assist outside counsel on the appropriate case strategy
- Create a crisis communications strategy and tactical implementation plan
Either concurrent with or following a corruption investigation, our integrated teams of professionals help...
Either concurrent with or following a corruption investigation, our integrated teams of professionals help clients report to key stakeholders (including boards of directors) as well as regulators. Also, we develop and implement remedial plans that enhance anti-corruption protocols and internal accounting controls.
Clients rely on our integrated teams to:
- Quantify the proceeds of corruption for disgorgement and recovery purposes
- Calculate a company’s ability to pay fines to support legal counsel in negotiations with regulators
- Act as an independent compliance consultant reporting to the board of directors
- Assist a court-appointed monitor pursuant to a settlement agreement or prosecution
- Develop and implement remediation plans to address control weaknesses in a particular business or systemic issues across the anti-corruption compliance program
- Develop or modify anti-corruption policies and procedures