Anti-Bribery & Corruption Advisory
Countries are enacting anti-bribery statutes and regulations of increasing complexity, while simultaneously enforcing these laws rigorously with greater cross-border enforcement coordination. Organizations and their outside counsel rely on FTI Consulting to help evaluate and enhance compliance programs as needed, including addressing regulatory expectations around internal controls and continuous monitoring. We understand specific challenges such as internal control enhancement and the use of data analytics to enable a client to use its own data to maintain and enhance its compliance program. We assist organizations and their outside counsel in implementing programs and measuring a program’s effectiveness.
How We Help
Our professionals are located globally and assist client organizations in mitigating corruption risk. For decades, our integrated teams of senior practitioners have advised and assisted organizations in every industry and geographic sector, legal firms, and enforcement agencies. White-collar defense attorneys and governmental agencies, as well as corporate general counsel (GC), chief compliance officers (CCOs) and corporate directors routinely seek our assistance to help them manage corruption risks and avoid violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the U.K. Bribery Act (UKBA), Brazil’s Clean Company Act, and other related global anti-corruption statutes.
You benefit from our tailored, holistic solutions that reflect our combined deep industry expertise, experience with complex anticorruption assignments, and our data and analytics capabilities. Because of our global presence, clients benefit from our local knowledge and understanding of all jurisdiction laws, regulations and cultures. Our services fall into three broad categories: corruption risk mitigation, investigations, and assistance with remediation.
We conduct proactive corruption risk assessments, enhance compliance programs and perform value-added analysis that help decision makers address and mitigate specific corruption risks. Our multidisciplinary team works collaboratively with you to:
- Conduct corruption risk assessments, including pre-acquisition corruption risk reviews
- Design and implement risk-based compliance programs
- Perform geopolitical risk assessments and market entry analysis
- Conduct integrity investigations of pre-acquisition targets, agents, resellers and other third parties, including politically-exposed-persons (PEPs)
- Conduct investigations into allegations of bribery and corruption
- Perform post-acquisition and third-party compliance audits
- Train employees on corporate anticorruption policies and corporate governance officers on incident response protocols
- Offer FTI COMPLY, an online compliance tool to organize, monitor and centrally manage third-party due diligence.
Our anti-corruption, investigations and compliance practice is dedicated to conducting anti-corruption risk assessments and establishing monitoring programs.