Private equity firms, corporations and financial institutions spend enormous amounts of time and resources determining the right M&A strategy. Creating the highest return for shareholders may involve acquiring or divesting of divisions or a whole company. FTI Consulting industry and strategy experts advise on the optimal M&A strategy in each situation. We work with companies and their boards or private equity sponsors around the world to understand commercial market trends, assess the competitive landscape, evaluate strategic fit of alternative transactions, quantify revenue and cost synergies, estimate potential transaction prices before approaching targets or buyers, and identify the right transaction strategy.
How We Help
Having participated on both sides of the table in multiple industries and geographic markets, our senior experts take an industry-focused approach to transaction strategy. We’re well versed in industry-specific challenges, opportunities and competitive landscapes, enabling us to provide pre-deal value to identify, assess and recommend strategic opportunities for your business. Engage us when:
- You believe an M&A strategy will enhance shareholder value but need an independent view on what transaction strategy to pursue
- You want to divest a non-core holding and need to determine the most effective way to transition ownership in the company at an attractive valuation
- You’re looking to enter into a new market, whether geographic or product/sector, through an acquisition and want to know what organizations to target
- You need assistance with developing a forecast and valuation model to analyze potential acquisitions
- You’re looking to make an acquisition to shore up your organization’s competitive position and need to determine a reasonable value to pay for the company
- You want to understand how to structure a potential transaction to maximize returns while balancing flexibility
Clients repeatedly rely on our seasoned professionals, based in every key market around the world, for support with:
- Portfolio and M&A strategy. We partner with corporates and private equity firms to evaluate strategic opportunities to enhance their existing capabilities or portfolio through M&A activity.
- Investment banking. We provide expert-driven investment banking services, as well as unique “one-stop-shop” services, where we seamlessly provide an integrated set of investment banking, restructuring, industry advisory and business transformation services driven by the client’s specific needs.
- Capital advisory. Our team advises both buy-side and sell-side clients on M&A, private placements of debt and equity capital, and strategic alternatives.
- Valuations. We deliver independent and reliable opinions of value to assist with strategic planning. Clients rely on our fairness and solvency opinions, collateral valuations and Independent Expert Reports (IERs).
- Tax planning. We help our clients to identify strategic opportunities to optimize tax structure as part of a transaction.
- Go-to-market strategy and positioning. Our senior practitioners support both buyers and sellers in developing integrated commercial and communications strategies for either NewCo or RemainCo.
Senior Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer of FTI Capital Advisors
New York, NY
Luke S. Schaeffer
Senior Managing Director, Global Co-Leader of Telecom, Media & Technology
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Managing Director, Leader of U.S. Transactions
Senior Managing Director, Australia Leader
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Asia Business Transformation