The evolving complexities of the tax laws have a critical impact on every business decision and real estate transaction. Whether you are a REIT, private equity fund, real estate operating company, developer or investor you must navigate the ever changing federal, state and local tax laws of the real estate, hospitality, and finance industries, in order to protect or enhance the return on your investment.
How We Help
The seasoned tax advisory experts at FTI Consulting offer critical support to clients with respect to all of their transactions, including acquisitions, refinancings, debt and equity restructurings, and sales or other dispositions, providing tax structuring, compliance and due diligence services.
Clients rely on our expertise in areas such entity choice decisions, fund formation, REIT due diligence, debt...
Clients rely on our expertise in areas such entity choice decisions, fund formation, REIT due diligence, debt workouts, cross border structuring and the acquisition/disposition of assets in a tax efficient manner.
- Transactional tax structuring
- Asset and portfolio deal structuring
- Cross-border transaction consulting and structuring
- REIT compliance and planning
- Like kind exchange consulting
- Joint venture agreement review
- Opportunity fund compliance and structuring
- Tax return compliance including foreign reporting
Clients work with our state and local tax experts to reduce the burden of state and local taxes develop best...
Clients work with our state and local tax experts to reduce the burden of state and local taxes develop best practices to insulate themselves from unsuccessful audit outcomes and prepare for evolving regulatory requirements.
Tax services include:
- Transaction advisory and due diligence
- Controversy and audit defense
- Voluntary disclosure agreements
- Compliance enhancement/risk management
- Credits and incentives guidance
- Escheat property/unclaimed funds advisory services
Clients can achieve significant tax savings and increased cash flow by reclassifying and accelerating depreciation...
Clients can achieve significant tax savings and increased cash flow by reclassifying and accelerating depreciation of real estate assets through our cost segregation analysis. We conduct these analyses for new construction, renovations, expansions and acquisitions, as well as on properties already on your balance sheet and those that have been sold.
Engage us for solutions that cover:
- New construction
- Renovations/leasehold improvements
- Retroactive depreciation/look-back studies
- ASC 805 — purchase price allocations
- Insurance replacement cost studies
- Section 1060 — purchase price allocation
Families that create or inherit substantial wealth are challenged with managing its impact on current and...
Families that create or inherit substantial wealth are challenged with managing its impact on current and future generations. Some of the consulting services we provide to high-net-worth individuals and their families include:
- Income tax planning and compliance
- Estate tax planning
- Financial and retirement planning
- Family office services
- Philanthropy and foundation services
- Succession and governance planning
- Fiduciary/trust accounting services
The restructuring of distressed companies requires specialized tax consideration.
The restructuring of distressed companies requires specialized tax consideration. Our tax experts specialize in identifying and creating solutions to tax issues that result from the restructuring of distressed companies. We help maximize the recovery of claims by creditors and other stakeholders.
- Upfront identification of tax issues
- Determination of tax opportunities and exposures
- Debt workout impact evaluation
- Loss limitation impact analysis
- Financial model review